IGNORED

A Better Sounding "Aja"?

Someday, I would like to whip up a mean sounding "Aja" by Steely Dan on my computer.

To do so, one would think that I should start with a good sounding "Aja" CD. I'm sure a lot of you will immediately think of the Mobile Fidelity UltraDisc (gold disc) version of the 1977 Dan classic. However, the title track on the UltraDisc has a little problem. At time index 2:07 (2 minutes and 7 seconds into the song), a little chunk of the song is missing (about half a second of it gone).

I remember owning a copy of the MoFi OMR LP (literally when the very first CD players started selling), and the LP sounded gorgeous -- and yes, the title track was completely intact (no skip or anomaly at 2:07).

Where should I begin if I want to do a good sounding "Aja" on my computer -- I don't think there are better sounding CDs of it out there, and I don't think there are any audiophile downloads of it out there, either.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

sounds pretty good for redbook in my system. I think this album may also exist on DVD-A, but I am not sure if I remembering that correctly, can anyone confirm?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

The best sounding version of "Aja" currently available is the Cisco Records 180g vinyl reissue. Find somebody with a good vinyl setup and get them to rip you a hi-res AIFF or FLAC copy.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant