IGNORED

RCA to AES/EBU transformers

Anyone used any of the transformers that take an SPDIF RCA and convert to AES/EBU balanced?

I know some have the opinion that AES/EBU sounds inferior to good RCA SPDIF, but the particular piece of equipment I have always seems best when driven from AES/EBU. Don't know if that is because my transport had a well done AES input or not. A previous DAC with the AES input also sounded better than RCA or BNC.

I have a USB-SPDIF converter that outputs on BNC or RCA, so wondering about getting something like the Neutrik transformers to feed the AES input on my Tact 2150 XDM.

Anyone with useful info on this?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Thanks John,

This is more like what I had in mind. More of a plug and play product.

http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/204_654550159/AES_EBU_Impedance_Transformer_productlist.aspx

But I suppose I could construct what I have in mind using some of those you had in the link.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.