IGNORED

List Audiophile Quality Download Sites

I understand and agree completely with everything you've stated. Channel Classics is another label that uses Weiss/Saracon to produce 24/192, 24/96, and 16/44 files from its DSD masters. I've downloaded many of their 24/192 files and have done Audacity spectrums on them. The results look like you would expect, but with an obvious sharp cutoff at around 39 kHz (a bit higher than the 22 kHz for the Kent Poon album). Although I haven't made the comparisons myself, others have reported that Channel's 24/192 files sound better than the 24/96 ones. I even posed a question to Jared Sacks of Channel, asking whether their 24/96 files would be good enough, given that there's really nothing above 39 kHz. He replied by making an analogy to scanning a photo: you can scan a photo at low-res (for computer displays) or hi-res (1200 dpi) for quality photo books--the 24/192 file would have more "dots per inch", which translates to increased definition, clarity of sound, and stereo imagery--not necessarily higher frequencies. Makes sense to me, and in any case, the Channel downloads sound excellent!

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Yep--same here. Not sure if it's the site as a whole, or whether it's selected albums, but I tried at least a couple. Same thing happens with Qobuz, but only with selected albums.

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the Junodownload site. I haven't seen that one before and they appear to have a very nice selection.

If you like Beatport & Juno give this site a try as well:

http://www.trackitdown.net/

I have used this one many times in that past and they offer .wav downloads. I wouldn't call it audiophile quality as most music in that genre is very compressed but I love the music anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the recommendation from Atletico (below) and thought I would check it out.

They are LOW res. I wasted $27.50 USD.

"Try the norwegian company Gubemusic. Both flac and Hi-Rez available.

https://www.gubemusic.com/

Try this young norwegian pop/rock/soul artist...Great!

https://www.gubemusic.com/?album=19346

atletico"

dracula_rava.png

This is just another 16/44 that is sold as 24/96

Mike

What album is this track taken from..? How does it sound.?

I never said they only sold hi-res album.

Hi-res is not equal to good sound..Hope you also have made this experience..

Gubemusic have a lot good sounding album both in 16/44 and hi-res.

If they sell 16/44 as 24/96 I like to know what album your purchased and I will take it directly with Bugge Wesseltoft, the norwegian musician and founder of Gubemusic.

atletico

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

The album was Enrico Rava - New York Days.

Gubemusic (Bugge Wesseltoft) has made a very quick response and says he has removed the Rava album from the website. But I really wanted the hiRez album, which does not exist.

"Hello Michael.

Im truly sorry you do experience this! This is a part of Ecm masterstudio series. Most of the series where withdrawn by Ecm but but got the message this one was a true HD file. Must be a misunderstanding.

Will delete it immediately and have refunded your order.

We do sell 24bit96 khz files! and they should be allright!

best bugge wesseltoft / gubemusic."

Oh well, try, try again.

Mike