IGNORED

can daphile core and bridge machine can connect directly by one ethernet cable?

2 hours ago, zheng9 said:

and u running win10 ?

Win 11 on all my Client/Servers - the clients are mini PC's which I paired down Win 11 for just using JRiver. 

My server is a Ryzen R9- 5900x, 32 GB RAM, and only the OS is one SSD and the software on another SSD in the same PC. I also have an 8 TB HDD for my music.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

11 hours ago, botrytis said:

Win 11 on all my Client/Servers - the clients are mini PC's which I paired down Win 11 for just using JRiver. 

My server is a Ryzen R9- 5900x, 32 GB RAM, and only the OS is one SSD and the software on another SSD in the same PC. I also have an 8 TB HDD for my music.

hi there

what do u mean by paired down win11 for just using jriver?

can you show the topology of server and client pc config?

53 minutes ago, zheng9 said:

hi there

what do u mean by paired down win11 for just using jriver?

can you show the topology of server and client pc config?

There are programs that will build a minimsl or tweakable Win 11 install - less space and faster. I dont remember the program.

On the clients, I just point the Library Manager to my server. When you set up the server, you will get a key. That key is typed into the client's manager - rename as Main Library - Done. Now if you want to control the client, say with an Android pad or phone, you have to set the client also as a server. 😁Use that key in the Android Control app (I am using JRiver or JRiver 2 - they do the same thing, I have a pad for each oneone has JRiver - livingroom and my office is JRiver 2 - that way there is no confusion. 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

13 minutes ago, botrytis said:

There are programs that will build a minimsl or tweakable Win 11 install - less space and faster. I dont remember the program.

On the clients, I just point the Library Manager to my server. When you set up the server, you will get a key. That key is typed into the client's manager - rename as Main Library - Done. Now if you want to control the client, say with an Android pad or phone, you have to set the client also as a server. 😁Use that key in the Android Control app (I am using JRiver or JRiver 2 - they do the same thing, I have a pad for each oneone has JRiver - livingroom and my office is JRiver 2 - that way there is no confusion. 

so, u mean the programs will trim down win11 to light weight win11 right?

i am curious can it trim down win10 also?

19 minutes ago, zheng9 said:

so, u mean the programs will trim down win11 to light weight win11 right?

i am curious can it trim down win10 also?

There are actual ways to install win10 lighter - just search 'minimal install Win 10' - plenty of ways. Win 11 installs differently, hence needing secure boot, it basically is an encryption of the boot sector.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590