IGNORED

Article: Digital Signal Processing - The Ultimate Guide To High End Immersive Audio

I ran new sweeps last week using a cross-spectrum calibrated EMM-6 and a Teac UH-7000 directly driving my amplifier.  Forgot to turn system sounds off and thankfully the Revels are robust. 😬 I couldn't get the mic align to work in LSR3 on my laptop so I eyballed it and used LSR2 and after a few iterations apparently hit the gold spot.  Although I bought Mitch's book almost 7 years ago, I just finished it in September.  So, this was my first go at it post-book reading.  I built double-length 130k tap filters and wound up with almost perfect IACC numbers for the first time ever; the step response was an almost perfect triangle and the channels tracked remarkably well with no changes to the default windowing or pre-ring compensation.  There's no question that acourate is an amazing DSP toolkit.  I will probably try Audiolense next just because.  I am waiting for the next edition of your book that includes a full treatment of Audiolense and anything new for acourate users too. I couldn't imagine my system without DSP and have been using acourate for more than 10 years now and also Dirac as well for multichannel.  I wish to compare my theater/multichannel set up with Audiolense filters vs. Dirac +DLBC and DART as I can drive my HT preamp from HQPlayer through HDMI from Roon.  What a time to be an audiophile!

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

5 hours ago, Confused said:

So I am only thinking of Dirac for the 7.4 ATMOS side of things. Am I right that Audiolense is for PC only? For my surround system the source will be Blu-ray discs, Apple TV and similar, nothing streamed from a PC. So this takes me back to Dirac being my best option I think, for multi-channel at least.

I think for your case, Dirac is the way to go. Plus, Dirac allows for correcting multiple subwoofers with a Dirac Live Bass Control license and soon will also support Active Room Treatment too.  These are good features that distinguish Dirac from other embedded RC solutions and may actually e a better way to go than building filters in Audiolense, particularly for Apple Music streaming. While I will have the ability to compare Dirac to Audiolense, I suspect that I may actually prefer Dirac because of the bass control and eventually active room treatment even if Dirac is not as accurate as Audilense in phase correction and time alignment.  Different rooms and speakers benefit from different corrections, so I think which of them is best is going to vary quite a bit.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg