IGNORED

Article: A Music Server Related Listening Room Project

I love a good DIY story!

I'm not at ALL handy enough to do any of that myself, but cool to know that others are and see how it can be done :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

My dad owned a hardware store when I was growing up, so I loved this! More tool-and-DIY-oriented articles, please! 😉

What, no optical Ethernet? (That's a bit tongue in cheek, but I do remember when you complimented the optical Rendu, so I was just wondering.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

My dad owned a hardware store when I was growing up, so I loved this! More tool-and-DIY-oriented articles, please! 😉

What, no optical Ethernet? (That's a bit tongue in cheek, but I do remember when you complimented the optical Rendu, so I was just wondering.)

I still use the SignatureRendu SE optical. In fact it’s in for an upgrade right now :~)

It connects to a switch in the crawl space via fiber, then to the Rossini via USB. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It connects to a switch in the crawl space via fiber, then to the Rossini via USB. 

You might consider "fiber all the way" with fiber USB. 🙂 (Since there's no full length electrical connection in the cable linked below, it requires 5v power injection via a mini-USB input at the receiving end. I've got a Teddy Pardo "mini-Teddy" doing this, which I'm very happy with.)

https://fibbrcable.com/products/alpha-usb-a-b-optical-fiber-digital-audio-cable

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2024 at 12:09 AM, Jud said:

You might consider "fiber all the way" with fiber USB. 🙂 (Since there's no full length electrical connection in the cable linked below, it requires 5v power injection via a mini-USB input at the receiving end. I've got a Teddy Pardo "mini-Teddy" doing this, which I'm very happy with.)

https://fibbrcable.com/products/alpha-usb-a-b-optical-fiber-digital-audio-cable

Nice Jud, what are you using to power the FIBBR USB cable? Brings me back to the Corning cable days,

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

6 hours ago, lmitche said:

Nice Jud, what are you using to power the FIBBR USB cable? Brings me back to the Corning cable days,

Yep, though this is better than the Corning, no copper through connection and no thin copper wires to break. Using a Teddy Pardo mini-Teddy. Using that and replacing my DAC's SMPS with another mini-Teddy subjectively made things sound better to me.