IGNORED

Article: Atmos? We Don’t Need No Stinking Atmos

28 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Well, it’s still a lossy format, unless you rip or download the very few tracks available. Correct ?

Well, so is Spotify, and it hasn't seemed to hurt it's popularity ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

31 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Well, it’s still a lossy format, unless you rip or download the very few tracks available. Correct ?

What point are you trying to make? 

All home audio is lossy. Rather than complain about what has never been released to the public, I’d rather focus on how to make what’s available, the best it can be. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Well, so is Spotify, and it hasn't seemed to hurt it's popularity ;)

No problem with that. But there was an MQA discussion. And the main issue there was it was lossy. So just wondering. 

5 minutes ago, bbosler said:

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-dolby-atmos-soundbars-the-best-atmos-tv-speakers

And, the very best Dolby Atmos soundbars are capable of immersing you in the action without the need for all the extra boxes that come with a traditional home cinema system. Some of these bars have even been fitted with dedicated upfiring speakers to help deliver an even more convincing 3D audio effect.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/best-dolby-atmos-soundbars?op=1

The best Dolby Atmos soundbars can surround you in a dome of 3D audio, delivering an experience that traditional soundbars simply can't match. Dolby's popular spatial audio format is designed to elevate your home theater experience by swirling sound around and above the listening position. Soundbars that support this tech use a mix of targeted speakers and advanced software to bounce audio effects off your ceiling when listening to Dolby Atmos content. 

etc.

Thanks Bruce. 

Technically they are correct. They are telling the truth, but not the whole truth. Sure a discrete immersive system is much better, but a sound bar can be immersive. Even a MacBook Pro can be immersive with the built-in speakers. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png