IGNORED

Article: Ed Stasium's 2023 Remix of Tim Made Me a Huge Fan of The Replacements

The Singles soundtrack was my entry point to 90s grunge, as well. What a fine album. I saw Paul Westenberg shortly thereafter at First Avenue. Great show. 

A more universal question for you. When I search in Apple Music on my iPhone for the Tim Let It Bleed Edition, it shows up only as lossless and not Dolby Atmos as your screenshot shows. Typically, I would find the Dolby Atmos version and use add to library for the album to show up in Apple Remote for playback on my big system. How are you finding the Dolby Atmos version?  JCR 

3 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

The Singles soundtrack was my entry point to 90s grunge, as well. What a fine album. I saw Paul Westenberg shortly thereafter at First Avenue. Great show. 

A more universal question for you. When I search in Apple Music on my iPhone for the Tim Let It Bleed Edition, it shows up only as lossless and not Dolby Atmos as your screenshot shows. Typically, I would find the Dolby Atmos version and use add to library for the album to show up in Apple Remote for playback on my big system. How are you finding the Dolby Atmos version?  JCR 

I only added the albums tracks to my library, not all the extras in the Let it Bleed version. Apple Music sees this as an Atmos album then. 

Add tracks 1-11 of this album to your library if you want it to say Atmos :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I only added the albums tracks to my library, not all the extras in the Let it Bleed version. Apple Music sees this as an Atmos album then. 

The Atmos mix isn't bad but The Replacements ?  Pass

I got 25 years on ya, must be a generational thing.  LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Saw Paul Westerberg when he played a bar in Philly in the early 90s. (Chestnut Cabaret, anyone remember?) Between sets he hung out at the back of the room. Short, not particularly good-looking, and women lined up waiting to talk to him. 🙂

Also a big Bob Mould fan.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, Johnseye said:

Too bad you didn't get to see them when they were playing in your neighborhood.  I got to see them play in '86.  I remember they had a blow up swimming pool on stage and were jumping in and out of it.  I also remember it being a very wild and good show.  I've been a fan of their music for a long long time.

Edit:  Looks like it was '85.  Just did a search for Replacements and pool.  Here's what I found.  Note the 1985 reference.

https://www.spin.com/2019/11/the-replacements-dont-tell-a-soul-april-1989-interview-they-might-be-giants/

I also loved Husker Du at the time. I still do and am a Bob Mould fan.  Coincidentally I lived in the Minneapolis area during the summers between '87 - '89 when back from school.  Went down to First Ave and the record shop there but never saw a concert there until '91 when I saw Phish.

Awesome!

Saw them in college a few times, and then again in 2015 in Chicago (both nights).

Great shows...

34515A73-12D0-406A-B604-D1D4A43B2A5C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.9f7e1130f93887ca148988f0d5bc0fce.jpeg

54DD1E7E-2B50-4565-8BD4-EF754522AFA8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d6df21ce13c01138bbd0a6f7801b263b.jpeg