IGNORED

Article: Another Summer Audio Project

I love it @jrobbins50! Years ago, I never thought I'd be interested in either outdoor audio or creating a solution put together with creativity like this. Now, I'm all-in on both. It's so much fun to do, and to enjoy the fruits of one's labor. Plus, if 100 F heat melts it, you aren't out $15,000. 

I look forward to my next trip over to your place, while we can still spend time outside (before the cold). 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Very interesting use of hardware, software, networking, physics to solve the problem!  I love the modularity and the ability save the systems from winter issues.  The idea is very adaptable to other situations, other hardware and software combinations.    I am thinking about a WiiM Pro as the compute, and D/A audio portions of the solution.  So many options to try.

I also bet that your neighbors will be happy that you are not a giant boom-box.

48 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Very interesting use of hardware, software, networking, physics to solve the problem!  I love the modularity and the ability save the systems from winter issues.  The idea is very adaptable to other situations, other hardware and software combinations.    I am thinking about a WiiM Pro as the compute, and D/A audio portions of the solution.  So many options to try.

I also bet that your neighbors will be happy that you are not a giant boom-box.

Bob, the Wiim Pro+ is said to arrive soon with an AKM 4493 DAC implementation, early test have shown a seriously better performance ...

Sorry, to disturb the thread, however, for higher fidelity in the outdoor arena that device for 200 $ could be a serious option, if Linkplay manage to solve the Ethernet problems of the recent streamer.

Another question for the outside electronics use, the humidity does not cause issues due to your container solution?

No heat, humidity or rain issues to date, and it’s been hot and humid in Minnesota (97 degrees with dew point at 81 yesterday — much better today!). The one thing I haven’t yet done is to use direct burial Ethernet cabling. The speaker cabling is direct burial but I just used some long, standard Cat6 cables I already had. They might need replacing after winter although I plan to wrap the connectors to protect them. JCR 

Wow, you guys are going all out with your back yard renovations and audio and I am over here just wishing that the neighbor kid would be less generous with his bass and his exhaust noise wile I sit on a patio chair in my completely bare backyard. I do have a solo stove though, so that counts for something, right?

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...