IGNORED

Article: Inexpensive IEM Roundup Part Two

Thank you for doing these reviews.  I have been through a few mid-level IEMs, up to $400, and have not had much success.  Westones (4R,, UMPro 3, and one other) disintegrated after 12-18 months.  I really liked the 4Rs back then.  Etymotic ER4SRs disintegrated...ER2SEs are in the process of disintegrating.  Shures also...

So I just opened up the Cadenzas and I already like them more than the Etymotics.  Much fuller sound...not quite the precision but much fuller.  More musical based on Pink Floyd Uncomfortably Numb Pulse Tour on YouTube....I need to go find my Sony DAP.

Eartips were a PITA to put on...just used a set from the Box.  Tomorrow I will try my spinfits and/or some foams I have.

Thanks again and I look forward to the next installment.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, although I have never had a CIEM, an Eytmotic with triple-flanged silicon tips would match the sound isolation of CIEM.  For me, though, after 30 minutes of any silicon (vs foam) tip is my ears start itching after 30 minutes or so.  Therefore I tend to stick to foam.

Obviously, what you get, or should get, from CIEM is comfort.  Etymotics, and similar shapes, fit pretty well. And while I like the sound of the Kiwi Cadenza, the IEM is bulky and does not fit exceptionally well.  I have tried SpinFits and now using foams and they like to work loose.  CIEMs should negate any fit issues and maintain peak isolation for longer periods.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers