IGNORED

ordered a Lindemann USB DAC 24/192

Hi Panuba, I live in the Boston area also and I have an 825. I have been waitng months for the 64 bit driver (their webite says this month) but I don't know about the 64 bit card. Where do you get one and how it it installed? Thanks.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

Hi slingshot,

I had it changed by the store I got the Lindemann from. Before purchasing the 825 I emailed Mr. Lindemann, he told me I could have the 64 bit card for free, so I asked the store to get one and update the (used) unit I was about to purchase. Now I have the CD player with the new card, but of course don't have the driver yet. Anyway, we might exchange emails, if you wish - I would like to know what you think of your 825 and exchange opinions on system matching with the Lindemann.

• 5 weeks later...

As writter earlier in this topic I ordered the Lindemann USB DAC with an extra USB board to be future proof.

Because I run Win 7 64 bit I needed the new drivers too for 24/192. Because the drivers were not available yet I ordered the DAC with the Tenor chipset for 24/96 (USB Class 1) which works fine without drivers.

As extra I ordered the Tenor chipset for USB Class 2 for support of 24/192 which needs this driver we are all waiting for so I could "activate" this feature later as the driver comes available.

In the meantime I noticed Lindemann introduced a new USB receiver with XMOS chipset (USB Class 2) including drivers for 64 bit.

I contacted Lindemann and we agreed to return the Tenor Class 2 board and get a XMOS board in return without any additional costs.

I installed the board + drivers and now I can play all my files and improving sound quality at the same time.

The XMOS USB receiver is better than the Tenor for handling the USB data feeding it to the DAC.

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

Oystein, I too have been waiting for the 64 bit drivers. I did request and I received the new board/sound card. I believe it is free of charge to anyone who requests it.

How difficult is it to install? Perhaps you could email with this info as there were no instructions with it. I was waiting for the drivers to install it or have someone do it for me but you say the sound is better with the new board.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

Hello guys,

I have recently had my USB 2 card changed to the W7 64 bits compatible by the US distributor, and now I am of course waiting for the new drivers to be available for download.

So, after the XMOS board release, you mean that in my case I'll have to dismantle the newly installed board, ship it back to Lindemann and ask for the new XMOS board, install it and then download and install its drivers, right?

Hello guys,

I have recently had my USB 2 card changed to the W7 64 bits compatible by the US distributor, and now I am of course waiting for the new drivers to be available for download.

So, after the XMOS board release, you mean that in my case I'll have to dismantle the newly installed board, ship it back to Lindemann and ask for the new XMOS board, install it and then download and install its drivers, right?

I am not sure what you mean with "I have recently had my USB 2 card changed to the W7 64 bits compatible"

Lindemann has 2 USB boards based on Tenor chipsets:

1. USB class 1 which supports 24/96 and works without drivers on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows

2. USB class 2 which supports 24/192 and and has drivers for Windows 32 bit but you need other drivers for 64 bit version - these are the drivers we were all waiting for.

If you discard the Tenor based USB cards you can change to the XMOS based USB card (= USB Class 2) which supports 24/192.

Lindemann has XMOS drivers for 64 bit Windows so this will solve all issues we had with the Class 2 Tenor based USB board.

I had both Tenor boards so I could ship back the Class 2 board while still enjoying the DAC with the Class 1 board.

As long Lindemann does not provide any drivers I can not use the Class 2 Tenor board on my 64 bit system.

The bottom line is (as you guessed correct) that you need to change the Tenor board for an XMOS board and install the drivers and you can play your 24/176.4 or 24/192 files on a 64 bit Windows machine.

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

Thank you Oystein for finally explaining the differences between the boards, etc. I see they have changed the date on the Lindemann website for the new drivers to November but they keep doing this month after month.

I know Lindemann is not making the Tenor drivers themselves.

I guess they rely on some external company in the supply chain of the Tenor chips.

When I contacted them it was clear thay also suffer from the lack of support from this external company.

I would not be surprised if they will drop the Tenor Class 2 board completely and go full XMOS in the future.

Looking at their specs on the website it seems all new units will be shipped with XMOS now.

There will be more people around with this same Tenor/64 bit issues but their support handling this has been great for me as you can read in my previous posts here.

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to trying to install the XMOS card. Opened up the top but all I saw was the transport for the CD. Looks like the whole thing has to be taken apart.

Did you consider to put the machine upside down and open the bottom plate ?

The electroniscs are in the lower part so you have to access it from the other side.

On this website are some pictures (scroll to the lower part were you can see the electronics)

http://review.u-audio.com.tw/reviewdetail.asp?reviewid=444

Thank you, I installed the board, not very secure compared to the Tenor board. However it won't load the drivers V 1.43 neither will my laptop. I have the CD and I also downloaded it from Lindemann's site. I had no problems with the original version.

Do you have any ideas. Thanks.

The only suggestion I have is to follow the install instructions from the Lindemann site and if this does not solve your problem contact them or your dealer for support.

Make sure you install the driver first before you connect the USB cable !