IGNORED

JPLAY iOS 1.0.10 is now available

• 1 month later...

Just in upstate a few months after initially posting….  Unfortunately JPLAY for iOS simply doesn’t work for my needs.  I still get track skipping on at least 25% of material played.  My use-case is very simple.  Steaming Qobuz via JPLAY into an Ifi streamer with a hardwired Ethernet connection.

I’m a fan of the app, but sadly the most important task it has can not be accomplished with my system.

I’m on 1.0.11.  Was hoping that last update would’ve solved the skipping issues.  Has anyone else had such an ordeal with this.

It was suggested by Mario at JPLAY that I switch my DNS settings to Cloudfare but I’m unable to do that. 
Jason in NY

On 4/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, J_andrews said:

Just in upstate a few months after initially posting….  Unfortunately JPLAY for iOS simply doesn’t work for my needs.  I still get track skipping on at least 25% of material played.  My use-case is very simple.  Steaming Qobuz via JPLAY into an Ifi streamer with a hardwired Ethernet connection.

I’m a fan of the app, but sadly the most important task it has can not be accomplished with my system.

I’m on 1.0.11.  Was hoping that last update would’ve solved the skipping issues.  Has anyone else had such an ordeal with this.

It was suggested by Mario at JPLAY that I switch my DNS settings to Cloudfare but I’m unable to do that. 
Jason in NY

Hi Jason, 

Did you have more luck with a different UPnP app and your ifi streamer with Qobuz streaming?

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Hi Marcin, sorry I missed this response from you

To answer your question, Yes M-Connect works every time with the ifi streamer and Qobuz streaming.    Unfortunately it's a much worse user experience than JPLAY so I'd much rather use the JPLAY.  

Do you have any other suggestions beyond changing my DNS settings?

Jason

On 4/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, J_andrews said:

Hi Marcin, sorry I missed this response from you

To answer your question, Yes M-Connect works every time with the ifi streamer and Qobuz streaming.    Unfortunately it's a much worse user experience than JPLAY so I'd much rather use the JPLAY.  

Do you have any other suggestions beyond changing my DNS settings?

Jason

Hi Jason, 

Did you send us logs from the app already? 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder