IGNORED

DDC + i2s + DAC = no sound

14 hours ago, tore said:

Hello, I have purchased a Matrix X-SPDIF 3 to be used with my Topping D90SE. But I don't get sound when I use the i2's cable, have tried all combinations. Topping gets data from Matrix because it shows the sampling rate. But no sound out.

Is there anyone who can help me?

I tried the same combination with same result. My conclusion is that the Topping D90SE is just horribly buggy in many ways. It's USB is buggy, I2S is buggy and it is overall just one big disappointment. Nearly 1k EUR wasted, one of the purchases I regret the most.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Yes, no problem connecting Topping U90 to Topping D90SE with i2s cabel.

I have tested the Topping U90 and that ddc is OK. The only problem was that it could not handel 8x upsampling = 768 kHZ.

That resulted in loud noise that was blowing my amps fuse

9 hours ago, tore said:

Yes, no problem connecting Topping U90 to Topping D90SE with i2s cabel.

I have tested the Topping U90 and that ddc is OK. The only problem was that it could not handel 16x upsampling = 768 kHZ.

That resulted in loud noise that was blowing my amps fuse

Good point 🙂

The solution for this combo:
When you use Matrix X-SPDIF3 work with Topping D90SE, please follow the settings below:
1. IIS definition of X-SPDIF3 select Type B.
2. In Topping D90SE's settings, IIS Phase=STD, IIS DSDR=DATA, DSD Flag=15
3. Use a standard definition HDMI cable, but you need to disconnect the 16th pin. Please refer to the picture below.

NOTE: Don't try to modify the socket on the X-SPDIF3 or D90SE, only modify the corresponding pin or wire of the HDMI cable.

matrix.jpg

1 minute ago, tore said:

Good point 🙂

The solution for this combo: https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=400&pid=1861#pid1861
When you use Matrix X-SPDIF3 work with Topping D90SE, please follow the settings below:
1. IIS definition of X-SPDIF3 select Type B.
2. In Topping D90SE's settings, IIS Phase=STD, IIS DSDR=DATA, DSD Flag=15
3. Use a standard definition HDMI cable, but you need to disconnect the 16th pin. Please refer to the picture below.

NOTE: Don't try to modify the socket on the X-SPDIF3 or D90SE, only modify the corresponding pin or wire of the HDMI cable.

matrix.jpg