IGNORED

AVI ADM9/ADM9.1 10" active Subwoofer

I go away for two days to listen to ADMs and come back to find everyone talking VAT. What else has been going on? Can we detect USA fiscal policy at 192kHz sampling rates?

Anyway, I heard the ADMs for half an hour or so. It wasn't long enough but snow conditions here made me late getting to the dealer, Five Ways Hi-Fi in Birmingham. Even so, the owner gave me a good dem on a variety of material and was happy to talk technicalities. He does his own recording as well so I was able to hear stuff which was very close to the master tape.

The speakers are damn good. Go very loud and deep for such a small box. The sub wasn't connected and I'm not sure you'd need it for 90 percent of the time. Imaging good, all the attributes of the best conventional speakers and then some.

So I liked 'em.

Damn.

Shenzi

I'm really pleased that you liked them! Even now I worry every time I hear that someone is going to audition them even though I've never experienced such a high level of customer satisfaction before. People loved the Neutrons and we sold thousands of pairs, but these require a leap of faith for hi fi enthusiasts reared on enormous piles of boxes.

Thank you kindly sir.

Ash

PS. A cheque is in the post!

The really interesting thing was the reaction of some friends later that evening when I described the system to them. All responded to the idea of clearing the clutter, going minimal and not losing any sound quality in the process.

I think you have a winner on your hands ...