IGNORED

wired headphones and amplifiers

I have the Fiio M11 music player that I use with Sony high end Bluetooth headphones. This combo works great but I was thinking about getting some high end wired headphones. The Fiio M11 is good but I can't help but wonder it I would be better off getting a headphone amplifier to go with it. I was looking at the iFi Audio hip-dac2. can I get some thoughts and recommendations please?

2 minutes ago, bitchinguy said:

I have the Fiio M11 music player that I use with Sony high end Bluetooth headphones. This combo works great but I was thinking about getting some high end wired headphones. The Fiio M11 is good but I can't help but wonder it I would be better off getting a headphone amplifier to go with it. I was looking at the iFi Audio hip-dac2. can I get some thoughts and recommendations please?

I would for sure start out by getting wired headphones. Take advantage of the lossless content and pretty good DAC inside the Fiio, before trying an external DAC. Wired headphones versus Bluetooth, will give you the biggest jump in quality. 

Not sure how much you want to spend, but I'm a fan of Sennheiser HD600, HD650, and HD800 models.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 minutes ago, bitchinguy said:

thank you for your response. I agree the Fiio have a good DAC. I an concerned it may not have enough power for high end headphones. I was looking at the hd650 which has an impedance of 300 ohms. 

I would give it a try before anything else. 300 is at the top of the range for the Fiio, but it could work just fine.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 1.33.59 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, bitchinguy said:

OK this might be a dumb question but when is says 2.5mm+4.4mm is that one or the other. Or a cable with both? And thank you so much for your help.

I believe that means the cable terminates in 2.5mm but it comes with 4.4mm adapter plug.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers