IGNORED

Better or alternative to EtherRegen?

Hi everyone, 

I'm using SoTM streamer, I'm looking to upgrade/lower noise with Ethernet signals. I heard that EtherRegen is a good choice. However, it is no longer available for order because of shortage in chips, etc. 

I wonder what is an alternative or a better choice than EtherRegen? 

Thank you. 

Huy

@Superdad Good luck with the replacement! I will rue the day my EtherRegen expires because I consider it a key part of my system sound. It's the single point of failure, along with my playback software to some extent. May the capricious audio gods smile upon your work!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 12:20 AM, quanghuy147 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm using SoTM streamer, I'm looking to upgrade/lower noise with Ethernet signals. I heard that EtherRegen is a good choice. However, it is no longer available for order because of shortage in chips, etc. 

I wonder what is an alternative or a better choice than EtherRegen? 

Thank you. 

Huy

I would highly recommend the SoTM switch with internal clock. Get two of them in series with fibre between and you get a stunning sound. Not looked back. 

Panasonic TX-65HZ1000, Lyngdorf MP-50, MK Sound: IW300 x3, IW150 x2, IW950 x4, X10 Subwoofer x2, Nord Acoustics NC500DM MK2 3ch, Oppo UDP-203 AudioCom Signature Edition, Melco N1A, Sky, Apple TV 4K, Lumagen Video Pro, Philips Pronto TSU9600, Chord Music & Sarum Cables, SOtM sNH-10G sCLK EX x2, Plixir Elite BDC, IsoTek Sigmas Powe

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 6:08 AM, quanghuy147 said:

Hi Orange, 

Thank you for your reply. May I know what hiend switches you have compared to SOtM sNH-10G x2 ?  

I have tried the following, with my feedback in my system. 

AQVOX SWITCH-V1 - good but the SE beats it on all accounts, more detail and realism. 

AQVOX SWITCH-SE - good but lacks the depth of soundstage and natural detail you get with the SoTM. 

English Electric 8 - great mids and highs, better than both the Aqvox, but lacks bass. sounds more sophisticated than the Aqvox. 

The SoTM has way more depth to sound stage, more realism ie: in the room with you. Much better bass, detailed and deep. 

The SoTM is the clear winner before you add in the internal clock or external power supply. Once you do that it jumps ahead, but so does the price. 

hope that helps. 

Panasonic TX-65HZ1000, Lyngdorf MP-50, MK Sound: IW300 x3, IW150 x2, IW950 x4, X10 Subwoofer x2, Nord Acoustics NC500DM MK2 3ch, Oppo UDP-203 AudioCom Signature Edition, Melco N1A, Sky, Apple TV 4K, Lumagen Video Pro, Philips Pronto TSU9600, Chord Music & Sarum Cables, SOtM sNH-10G sCLK EX x2, Plixir Elite BDC, IsoTek Sigmas Powe

• 3 months later...