IGNORED

Help - Melco - Copying music to a hard disk

Mustu

Hello 

I have a Melco and I have about 3 TB of music on there. I have taken a back up of the same. How ever I want to copy my music to another hard disk and it will not let me do so cause of the art work file. IS there a work around.

At the moment I need to go to each folder remove the art work file and then copy it which is a long painful process.

All the music is mine that has been Ripped by the Melco Ripper.

Thanks

My Melco behaves the same.

I have taken a different approach to manage music on the Melco. I keep my music on an external HD (which I call 'Melco Shuttle'). I keep a backup of this HD on my NAS. I then import the Melco Shuttle into the Melco.

In my experience, backup, tagging etc. are best handled outside the Melco

2 hours ago, Mustu said:

ah well I want to copy the music from the Melco for another server.... this is a pain then.... so no other solution?

Can you use the existing backup only with a Melco device ?
If you can access it with IOS/(LINUX/Windows, just batch delete the problematic cover/art work files and let the other server add them - if it has that feature ... You may want to first copy the Melco backup to another 3 TB disc in order to avoid to manipulate the original backup.

9 hours ago, WAM said:

You want to make a copy from the backup? Or from the Melco-drive?

I did a little testing. I can copy a directory (with artwork) without trouble to another drive. I can use/read a backup (USB-drive) with other software. 

Do you use Twonky, or Mimimserver?

I am using minim server.

would be great if you can let me know how?

thank you.