IGNORED

The new Andrew Jones speakers

Well, since he has joined Mo-Fi, he has a new speaker out...

https://www.ecoustics.com/products/mofi-sourcepoint-10/

It will be interesting to hear. 

Anyone else's opinion?

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 2 months later...

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

13 hours ago, botrytis said:

Review. The measurements look nice.

These speakers look very impressive from an engineering standpoint, however I think the in-room high frequency balance is off, i.e., too much tweeter output. I think compared to your Revels these speakers would not sound as well balanced.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

1 hour ago, Axiom05 said:

These speakers look very impressive from an engineering standpoint, however I think the in-room high frequency balance is off, i.e., too much tweeter output. I think compared to your Revels these speakers would not sound as well balanced.

According to people on Reddit - the rise in the tweeter response 5 db, is actually a measurement artifact. So, it maybe they do not sound that way. 

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

I'm going by the various in-room responses that Atkinson has made in his listening room. His measurements are usually pretty indicative to what he hears in his room. Certainly comparing a number of speakers all measured using the same method allows a relative comparison? I'm thinking AJ did too good of a job with off-axis response, lol.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Too good?

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

• 2 months later...

I have the Sourcepoint 10's. They are in the walnut finish and they are huge. I also have the Motif stands. The Motifs are amazing. They are punchy and the sound stage is huge. They sound the livest, I ever heard, and that includes speakers from any audio show I attended. 

I remember last summer my wife and I were riding our bikes in Central Park in New York City. We saw a a 4 piece band playing near a lake. We pulled over and sat on a bench to listen. My Wife commented on how great they sounded. I turned to her and responded, "I can spend millions on equipment and never get that sound".

I am 65 and have been an audiophile since I was 15. When I was younger, I saved my money to buy Fisher, Pioneer, and Marantz receivers. As I became older I got caught up in the equipment frenzy. I made a lot of bad purchases. The Mofi Source Point 10's are the real deal. Again, they are the closest I have heard to actual live music.  To me the Audio industry has gotten out of control with over hyped and grossly expensive equipment. They have a  big problem here with these $3700 speakers. The Motifs are not in the best cabinetry and finish as $100,000 plus speakers, but to me they produce sound that is as good as it gets.