IGNORED

Yggdrasil+ Announced

9 minutes ago, PeterG said:

I applaud the continuous improvement approach the upgrade path.  But if I am reading correctly, a person with a Yggy today should not expect improved sonics, only added features, with the upgrade.  Right?

I believe the NOS mode could deliver improved sonics for some people.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Jason says it's still limited to 4x on the input right now.

As much as I love the Yggy, NOS mode is definitely limited in its potential with such a low input rate max. I hope next year brings at least 8x on the input.

That being said, I will definitely be placing an order for this soon and hope to keep my old chassis (which can be done for $50). Why? Sentimental value…. Lol

9 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Schiit’s Unison  USB is limited to 24/192. To add DXD requires a brand new code and I believe a bigger DSP, so do not expect it anytime soon. If you want to use something like HQ Player, the NOS will be great. 

I am planning to try HQ Player and PGGB now.

29 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Schiit’s Unison  USB is limited to 24/192. To add DXD requires a brand new code and I believe a bigger DSP, so do not expect it anytime soon. If you want to use something like HQ Player, the NOS will be great. 

There is a recent interview with Jason where he said that more than 192kHz will be possible in the future:

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)