IGNORED

SOTM snh-10g switch - Power Supply Upgrade

The topic refers to the baseline model of the SOTM snh-10g ethernet switch.

Switch costs about euro 1k and comes with a medical grade power supply as stock.

What good-matching options are there available in upgrading the power supply?

- Alpha Audio (Netherlands) suggest that the Ferrum Hypsos is a fantastic option.

This power supply does cost more than the switch itself and I think if I purchased one I would rather connect it to the DAC or Transport

- Hans Beekhuyzen had also done a review of the switch where he noted that the SBooster power supply performed worse than the stock power supply.

Do any other members have experience with the particular switch and other power supplies?

What impressions did you have on sonic benefit?

Thank you for any valuable input...

A great power supply would be the Plixir Elite BDC. It has the black background of the Farad Super 3 with added dynamics, all while avoiding sounding too "syrupy". However, If you can reach up to the Ferrum it most probably add versatility (the ability to use it for different output voltages) on top of that. That said, the price of the SOtM plus Ferrum would be awfully close to an Innuos PhoenixNET which would be better still, as it integrates a master clocked switch with its own linear power supply within the same chassis. Choices, choices...

Thank you info! Had a quick look. Indeed seems nicely constructed and available with single/dual rail.

You are absolutely correct in that, if I add the better internal clock and a power supply line the Ferrum or Farad, I am exactly at about same price point as Phoenix or Paul Pang Quad....

Also plan to audition the Pachanko Elite LPS and the SOTM sps500 power supply before purchase.

Will come back with comments on those...

But the Plixir I hadn't considered.