IGNORED

1976 Rogers LS3/5a monitors - original owner, excellent condition

1976 Rogers LS3/5a monitors - original owner, excellent condition

I bought these new and have used them in my home for 47 years.  These are the legendary original 15 ohm Rogers.  Licensed versions are still for sale new today and get rave reviews.  But the originals are still the best all around little speakers in the world, and they have a strong following.  I've gotten great sound from them using everything from a Marantz 8 and a Mac 75 to a Hafler 500.  For the past decade, they've been driven by my Prima Luna Prologue and still sound fantastic.  I just don't need or have room for so much stuff any more.

The only non-original parts are the output terminals.  When these were new, they came with plastic banana jacks in the back - but there was no such thing as an audiophile banana plug in those days, and the ones you could get were too small for decent wire.  So I removed the originals and substituted bolts with wing nuts to secure 10 gauge stranded cable to them.  I have the originals plus a spare set of new, unused ones that you can put back if you wish.  When high quality banana plugs and jacks came along, I added the pictured connectors so I could use them.  The way it's set up now, you can use spade lugs, bare wire, or banana plugs - so I think it's the best pf all possible worlds.  I don't want to take a chance on damaging the baffle just to remove it so I can put inferior connectors back in.  A buyer is welcome to do so if he or she wishes.

The cabinets are in excellent shape with no gouges or gross damage of any kind.  Price is $2250 plus shipping (US only).

• Seller
    bluesman
  • Date
    11/04/22
  • Price
    2,250.00 USD
  • Category