IGNORED

Upgrading Audio for my Dt 990 pro (250)

in7el

Question

Hi there, so I'm currently using my dt 990 pro 250ohms paired with a fiio ek10. I'm looking to upgrade this amp/dac for something a bit more powerful.

After researching a fair bit it seems a lot of people recommend the Magni 3+ alongside Modi3+(Modi3E only available on eu site)

Alternatively something like a topping e30 or even d10.

Now from EU this stack seems a lot pricier, pushing towards 400 euros - See attached screenshot.

All I require the upgrade for is gaming and some music. Do you think this is overkill - Could I obtain similar results for a decreased cost, ie k5?

The e30 can be picked up for 150 euros whereas the Modi 3E is 204. Also can someone please explain the difference between the + and the e? I am unable to find any info regarding the 3E. It seems most people are speaking about the + version.

Thank you. 

400.thumb.png.7f0cf445b3f530d18de572b922802415.png

2 answers to this question

i had a similar setup (DT880 250ohm + FIIO E10K) and can just recommend you to DEFINITELY upgrade your amp

i moved to a Aune X8 + Aune X7s setup (i bought the X7s used for 140€) and it was a kinda -huge- improvement over the E10K, i would definitely consider upgrading to a better amp with 250ohm headphones, it really mindboggled me that so many people on the web recommend the E10K for 250ohm headphones (or at all, im not sure if its really just because of the 250ohm, i just tried my DT880 with the E10K)

i cant say anything about the schiit stuff but i heared many praise it, im happy with my aune setup for now, tho its also a little more expensive if you buy new (it cost around 600)