IGNORED

ddHiFi TC28i Pro Female Dual Type-C to Male Lightning OTG Adapter user experience

Have found the Apple CCK adapter a bit wonky + its USB A connector is dated now that the dongle market is moving to USB C. The one value it does have is

that you can connect an external battery using the female lightning port  to prevent your iPhone battery from dying during a full days music play.

To that end have purchased a ddHiFi TC28i Pro adapter that allows me to connect a USB C dongle + USB C connected battery  to iPhone,  ~$49 USD

https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/1350761.html

Required some modification to an  Otterbox case, had to clip off what looked like a miniature grill guard bumper from the plastic frame

around the lightning port. Fit is pretty tight between the rubber surround but the adapter snugged in tight with a little effort.

Data port is one closest to the rubber surround, worked fine with an iBasso DC05 but a fatter USB C plug could be problematic for fit.

Looks like the other port is USB charging only, as couldn't get dongle to work using it; it has more clearance than the other port so a fatter USB C

cable end shouldn't be a problem.

nice to have just 1 adapter vs a chain of 2 adapters and less worries about wear on the lightning port from cable tugs vs using the Apple CCK adaptor

51OXhYzng+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 weeks later...

After a few weeks of using this, I'm pretty happy with it. It's rock solid in the lightning jack whereas the Apple CCK with USB A connector would wiggle, sometimes interrupt connection and occasionally catch on the lightning port connection wire. Worked fine with an Ankar battery connected to the charging port so that I could play music for 8 hrs and still have good

iPhone battery charge

Regards,

Dave

Audio system