IGNORED

DigiOne Signature - Random Audio Drop Outs

DRHamp

I have two Allo DigiOne Signature streamers, both Running Ropieee.  One work fine with no problems - the other has random, periodic audio drop outs.  During the dropouts, the DAC ceases to receive signal.

I have re-flashed Ropieee several times to no avail.

I believe it's a failed DigiOne Signature board -- Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, Zlone said:

Could also be a power issue. Try swapping power supplies between the two. 

I have done that in effect - swapping out the DigiOne Signatures - both are using the Allo Shanti dual power supplys.  I moved the DigiOnes from one room to the other leaving the Shanti power supplys in place.

Drop-outs followed the DigiOne Signature.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:56 PM, DRHamp said:

I have two Allo DigiOne Signature streamers, both Running Ropieee.  One work fine with no problems - the other has random, periodic audio drop outs.  During the dropouts, the DAC ceases to receive signal.

I have re-flashed Ropieee several times to no avail.

I believe it's a failed DigiOne Signature board -- Any ideas?

Is your Sig by any chance connected to your DAC through the coax digital output?

I ask because i experienced a similar issue about a year ago.

It took quite some time to get to the bottom of it, but in my case it turned out to be a bad on board soldering of the coax connector. After i switched to the BNC-connector the problem was solved. 

According to Allo support it was / is a known issue...

7 minutes ago, Zlone said:

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? I understand one works and the other doesn't, but if you are using wireless it might be interesting to hardwire the one that is failing to see if it is still has dropouts.

Thank you -- both are hardwired.  I have also tried wireless on both with good results

• 2 weeks later...