IGNORED

Focal Bathys Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - seek Impressions

The variable noise settings for the Focal Bathys Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones is certainly useful, as depending on the situation an automatic approach may not work all the time.

These HPs have a built in DAC to 192 with the cable to a laptop would make this ideal for away from home working from a laptop without the need of a dongle type DAC and resultant damaged connections. Good to see the salt resistance is welcome, although, I gather not permanently...!

Anybody had a chance to listen and share impressions?

image.thumb.png.495b3df88516b9d7ec3bfa69d7120289.png

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a pair. I find these spectacular even for around the house when I am doing other things and I want great sound with no wires at all. I was cleaning records for example and I was thinking it is so great I can use these. The advantage of being able to connect a cable to your iphone or computer to get up to 24bit/192KHz is amazing.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On 10/21/2022 at 10:57 AM, davide256 said:

another review on Ecoustics.

https://www.ecoustics.com/reviews/focal-bathys/

personally I shy away from anything over $500 in  a travel use headphone, wear out rate is much higher and the need to limit replacement cost if stolen.

The other travel consideration is weight and overall portability, so I go with IEMs when on the move.  To me these seem neither here nor there--they sound good but not great (per reviews), and sort of convenient for travel, but not truly.

Any Bluetooth is hobbled as even the latest gen. Bluetooth basically max resolution is CD quality.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects