IGNORED

Help! How to streamer Qobuz to my streamer using JRiver

Hi

I've got an Aqua LinQ UPNP on loan from a dealer. 

I have JRiver centre installed on a PC on the same network as my streamer.

Is there a way to use Jriver with DLNA enabled to stream Qobuz to my streamer?

I want to do this over using bubble UPNP because I want to use Jriver's parametric EQ functionality.

Is this possible?

45 minutes ago, Psilonaught said:

If I understand well you would like to realize this setup:

ControlPoint app (Qobuz) -> JRiver (Eq) -> Aqua LinkQ (DLNA renderer) -> dac …..

unfortunately this configuration doesn’t work:

• you can stream to JRiver and JRiver can play to a dac after applying equalization 
  • you cannot stream to JRiver, apply equalization  then stream to Aqua LinkQ (or any UPNP/DLNA renderer)

… and it’s impossible to play Qobuz in/from JRiver 

Stefano

My audio system

11 minutes ago, Psilonaught said:

It looks like Jriver doesn't support Qobuz which is the main issue?

Yes, that’s the “issue”

12 minutes ago, Psilonaught said:

I read that audirvana my might help me achieve what I need?

Audirvana Studio can be a solution, it does support Qobuz (and Tidal) and can stream to a network renderer like Aqua LinQ, and it can apply EQ too.

Depending on which add on module is on the LinQ Roon can be a solution too (HQPlayer Core + NAA (cascade-modules) is required)

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, Psilonaught said:

Hi

I want to do this over using bubble UPNP because I want to use Jriver's parametric EQ functionality.

Is this possible?

If you have a PC and haven’t trialed Euphony, you could do a trial registration USB boot stick and stream it’s internal Qobuz app via UPNP. You will need to have a Qobuz subscription

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

59 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

If I understand well you would like to realize this setup:

ControlPoint app (Qobuz) -> JRiver (Eq) -> Aqua LinkQ (DLNA renderer) -> dac …..

unfortunately this configuration doesn’t work:

• you can stream to JRiver and JRiver can play to a dac after applying equalization 
  • you cannot stream to JRiver, apply equalization  then stream to Aqua LinkQ (or any UPNP/DLNA renderer)

… and it’s impossible to play Qobuz in/from JRiver 

I find that Jriver DLNA sounds veiled compared Audirvana for the same material. Minimserver direct to Lumin has no contest to either Jriver or Audirvana and exceeds either by a large margin.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

22 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, that’s the “issue”

Audirvana Studio can be a solution, it does support Qobuz (and Tidal) and can stream to a network renderer like Aqua LinQ, and it can apply EQ too.

Depending on which add on module is on the LinQ Roon can be a solution too (HQPlayer Core + NAA (cascade-modules) is required)

And how would I control Qobuz in this scenario, does Audirvana have an android app?

I am aware that the other option is to just buy the HQplayer and core modules and use Roon :)

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

I find that Jriver DLNA sounds veiled compared Audirvana for the same material. Minimserver direct to Lumin has no contest to either Jriver or Audirvana and exceeds either by a large margin.

Would minimserver allow me to achieve my objective here? What app would I use to control my Aqua LinQ in that scenario?

5 minutes ago, Psilonaught said:

Would minimserver allow me to achieve my objective here? What app would I use to control my Aqua LinQ in that scenario?

Minimserver is only a server, and needs controller software to work, that can be on PC/Mac/ipad phone or tablet. Looking through the specs on the Aqua LINQ, Tidal and qobuz are already supported, in the manual do they explain how? If it's from a browser, that's the simplest, but may not be optimal as far as sq goes. I do see Squeezlite for the renderer in progress, which is cool, but for now try the browser method to get a feel of how it works and then others like Euphony.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

10 hours ago, Psilonaught said:

Hi

Is this possible?

You may want to look here

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133154.0.html

I had recently used the qobuz app for win10 with JRMC WDM drivers and applied DRC into my Okto PRO DAC.

8 hours ago, DuckToller said:

I had recently used the qobuz app for win10 with JRMC WDM drivers and applied DRC into my Okto PRO DAC.

… in this case the Okto is usb connected to JRiver, the question was how to apply JRiver DSP using JRiver as a renderer and send the stream to the Aqua LinQ (ethernet connected) from JRiver istself (ie JRiver acting as DLNA renderer and controller in the mean time), this is very different from your case

Stefano

My audio system

40 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@DuckToller … anyway the procedure described in your link is quite … uncomfortable, a real squat … you need every time to drag and drop the queue  …. very annoying … isn’t it?

OK for me as I only use Qobuz incidentally for some sampling. However I admit that it is much easier now that I use Audirvana Studio, which also sounds better.

audio system