IGNORED

Show Your Room In 3D VR AR Etc

43 minutes ago, di-fi said:

Way to go!! you came a long way! Now if you would like for users to go around each individual smaller component (like a preamp) you would have to do individual scans / 360 video or photo virtual reality capture. Each object needs to be seen in 360 degrees. You could make them available in the tag/pop-up where you already placed a picture and links to the manufacturer. Not necessary and it depends your ambition and perseverance for this project. (You are allowed to spend the weekend with your family ;-).

Cheers

Paul

PS I bought my recent house after only a Matterport visit. When I found a leak 3 years later, I could see in the original Matterport video the builder had already tried to repair around a door (repair was in progress at the time of shooting). We arranged with them accordingly.

Yes, I really want to make this more VR where people can really see more and get their hand dirty. More to come :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

3 dogs, 1 cat, and 5 chickens. And, 12 cameras around the house that capture anyone within a block of my house and upload it to the cloud. Have caught several criminals over the years. Last guy was in the back of a cop car before I got off the phone with the cops. 

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Don't know about the others but I've just given up the idea of getting a decent Atmos system via illegal activity taking place in Minneapolis.. ;-)

I said it here earlier I owe my interest in audiophile gear to guys who over 3 decades ago broke into my apartment and stole my gear but not everyone has to be so lucky. I guess, also based on this experience, that in general it's not particularly nice to have to experience something like that, especially if one is seriously interested in music.

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, did a much more thorough scan with Matterport. Now working on what it calls tags, to label stuff. 

Very slick ... nicely done!

With regard to glass, a well working setup doesn't suffer - in our previous place, one side wall was just glass, windows and doors; the other side was timber panelling. Audio people who came were curious about the 'lopsidedness' of the room, but it had no impact on the presentation.

4 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I said it here earlier I owe my interest in audiophile gear to guys who over 3 decades ago broke into my apartment and stole my gear but not everyone has to be so lucky. I guess, also based on this experience, that in general it's not particularly nice to have to experience something like that, especially if one is seriously interested in music.

BTW it's not that at any moment earlier or while writing the above post I was thinking about an eventual criminals finding information about hi end gear in someone's house through this site, I actually find such possibility quite improbable, also my willingness to see the rest of the house 😉 was solely a fruit of my cognitive curiosity..😉

Cheers! 🙂

The Matterport image is very nice (because I can see the MU1 doing its work, among other things).   The Scaniverse image looked like what happened when you first tested the bass on your new speakers.  Your family was wondering what had exploded and you were thinking:  Now, that is bass!  Audiophiles, after all, live in a different reality. 

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

What I found interesting in this software search exercise, is how there are high, thick walls between uses of computers for different human affairs fields, which ultimately turn out to have a very high overlap - but that overlap is almost invisible ... I've been interested in photogrammetry for a while now, but I have never, ever seen any mention of Matterport, and the competing packages - they just don't exist, as far as the crowd whose interest is 3D creations are concerned.

Which is a shame - people would struggle with some 3D processing, which could be done so much better with the real estate software - but they may never come across it... different worlds :).

On 9/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah Snowblower guy, I remember you telling me about him. It was very satisfying watching him walking down the alley and suddenly the police lights come on.  Was I seeing things or did he try your car door as well?

No electron left behind.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

3 dogs, 1 cat, and 5 chickens. And, 12 cameras around the house that capture anyone within a block of my house and upload it to the cloud. Have caught several criminals over the years. Last guy was in the back of a cop car before I got off the phone with the cops. 

Not just any Chickens, Attack Chickens..

No electron left behind.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, fas42 said:

With regard to glass, a well working setup doesn't suffer - in our previous place, one side wall was just glass, windows and doors; the other side was timber panelling. Audio people who came were curious about the 'lopsidedness' of the room, but it had no impact on the presentation.

A bit off subject, but observation from the images showed some important glass surface in the room. I have a glass wall myself, but I am not well equipped to measure and it creates a little doubt ;-) hence my question for Chris about his glass doors, or any glass wall in general.

So I hear you, and YMMV but apparently Christiaan (HFA) was not that lucky;

''In short: each of the 8 ceiling-to-floor glass window sections has 4 horizontal hardwood bars glued on using Bison Polymax kit. These bars are then stabilized using thick wood bars that are screwed into the left and right frames. What this achieved is a strong reduction of the glass panels’ 40Hz resonance that killed much of the right speaker’s low output and also introduced very annoying phase effects at higher bass frequencies.''.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/associated-equipment/

Hi Chris, 

Your effort to visualise your set-up is inspiring. Actually I was thinking how and if this visual approach could be applied to a partial index of AS? Meaning a AS user would have acces to an image with components from breaker panel all the way to speakers and acoustic treatment. This image or access page would co exist with the current search function.

A click on a specific part in the chain would give you all the headers (to keep it simple) that discuss that specific device on AS. Because when I look for a subject, many times I get a bit lost. There is so much out there. And even past information can still be very usefull.

Sometimes months (years?) later I will find a useful comment regarding for example EtherRegen. I wonder by clicking on that image, or grouping all forum contributions regarding switches if it can lead to better and more precise search results? When I do a search on a device sometimes half of the results are (expired) adds, that rule could be eliminated here.  For a more visual person like me more search accuracy would be a great asset to AS, almost at the same level as the VR experience of your set-up.

35 minutes ago, di-fi said:

A bit off subject, but observation from the images showed some important glass surface in the room. I have a glass wall myself, but I am not well equipped to measure and it creates a little doubt ;-) hence my question for Chris about his glass doors, or any glass wall in general.

This really comes down to the size and shape of the room and where the glass is within the room.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, di-fi said:

Hi Chris, 

Your effort to visualise your set-up is inspiring. Actually I was thinking how and if this visual approach could be applied to a partial index of AS? Meaning a AS user would have acces to an image with components from breaker panel all the way to speakers and acoustic treatment. This image or access page would co exist with the current search function.

A click on a specific part in the chain would give you all the headers (to keep it simple) that discuss that specific device on AS. Because when I look for a subject, many times I get a bit lost. There is so much out there. And even past information can still be very usefull.

Sometimes months (years?) later I will find a useful comment regarding for example EtherRegen. I wonder by clicking on that image, or grouping all forum contributions regarding switches if it can lead to better and more precise search results? When I do a search on a device sometimes half of the results are (expired) adds, that rule could be eliminated here.  For a more visual person like me more search accuracy would be a great asset to AS, almost at the same level as the VR experience of your set-up.

I love all of it. Seriously, I'd love to have that capability here. 

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love all of it. Seriously, I'd love to have that capability here. 

Me too, I wish I could program something like that and I would start working on it right away. It also would be a premiere as far as know, nice to have here.