IGNORED

Innuos Pulse

The new Pulse series is not yet shipped and available.

We will show the new models during our Take 5 event in Stockholm together with Innuos on the 16th of October which will be the Scandinavian premiere. All models should be ready and available by then.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 7:18 AM, Perfect sense said:

The new Pulse series is not yet shipped and available.

We will show the new models during our Take 5 event in Stockholm together with Innuos on the 16th of October which will be the Scandinavian premiere. All models should be ready and available by then.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Marcus,

do you have the PULSAR today at your Take 5 Event?

If yes, any comment is much appreciated.

Thx

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

23 hours ago, matthias said:

Marcus,

do you have the PULSAR today at your Take 5 Event?

If yes, any comment is much appreciated.

Thx

Matt

Hi Matt,

Stephen at Innuos did show a prototype of the new PULSE during our annual event Take 5 in Stockholm yesterday.

It's impossible to judge the individual performance of this new series and model within this context. All I can tell you is that the system with APL (DAC), Riviera (Integrated amp) and Kroma (speakers) made beautiful music - organic, natural and substantial in weight and scale.

More to come :)

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.sewww.perfect-sense.se

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

• 1 year later...

Alright, after long procrastination, I've purchased a Pulse, should be here in 10 days. Things like LCD screens and internal storage were not desired options and

the ability to use the Pulse as HQP NAA for multiple digital out port solutions mattered for experimentation. I may also be hanging multiple USB drives off it of uncompressed PGGB WAV files  to see which I like better

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 3 weeks later...

The Pulse arrived yesterday, just starting to play around with it. Have learned that it doesn't really support USB attached drives, for that Zen series is recommended.

Not a real issue. Surprisingly I am liking the coax out more than USB to R26 DAC, more dynamic. So far a huge improvement over NUC, no more treble nasties and a greater

density of detail in the mid range

"

For those who have a NAS, the PULSE series does allow to connect to the NAS and index the files there for the music library. Innuos has decided not to allow using USB drives as music library storage for the PULSE series for the following reasons:

1. The USB2/3 connection is fairly slow and provide a poor experience to manage the music library. In order to keep compatibility and openness, changes to metadata are saved not only on the database but on the files themselves. This is more prone to issues when using USB drives.
  2. When using USB drives as the main music library storage, backing up becomes less convenient which means the probability of losing your music library becomes higher.
  3. USB drives connected to the same USB subsystem as the DAC will affect sound quality in an audible way."

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks for your info on the Pulse. I saw on their website that the Pulse can play from attached usb drives but you say it isn't so good. And what do you mean by using a usb on the same subset? Do you mean using any of the other usb inputs? So it sounds like you can play from an attached usb drive but with sound penalties?

On 3/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, sdipiet said:

Hi and thanks for your info on the Pulse. I saw on their website that the Pulse can play from attached usb drives but you say it isn't so good. And what do you mean by using a usb on the same subset? Do you mean using any of the other usb inputs? So it sounds like you can play from an attached usb drive but with sound penalties?

That info is from the Innuos site and is their reason for not supporting USB drives with pulse, they recommend the Zen series if you want USB drive capability

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi Dave,  here's something I got from someone at Innuos the other day:

Playback from USB was added for the Pulse in one of our latest updates. Songs from USB storage won't be added to the Sense library and are not fully integrated. You can only navigate the folders of your USB storage and play from there, but you will have limited playback options, i.e. no playlist or mixes.

Thanks

Samuel