IGNORED

Is there a dissonance in this track - Afro Blue - Melanie de Biasio - 24/44 ?

Hi all,

I am working on my new speakers and found that this track (Melanie di Biasio - Afro Blue) shows a annoying dissonance in my left channel wideband chassis. Listening through Qobuz in the car I wont get that.
So I went from the seller over to the manufacturer, after I checked that it occurs on the same speaker with different amplifier.
However, while researching further ,I could exclude the speaker chassis itself, the amplifier and the XLR cable, because the dissonce changed with changig cables to/from amp to the other channel.
So I checked at the DAC (the OKTO RESEARCH 8 Pro), where I routed the two left input channels into two diffeernt outputs, with simply the same result. I changed USB outputs at the music server. Same result. I changed the source from local to Qobuz, routed through WDM into JRIVER and output through ASIO into the OKTO. Same result, even a bit harsher as the Qobuz output seems a bit louder in general ...

Thus, I can't replicate that problem with other recordings. So I would like to ask you, my friends, to listen to the track (Qobuz version 24/44) in order to confirm or not confirm dissonances in the left channel (like a very fast ticking).
Thanks in advance

Tom

image.png

37 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Holy crap, how did you hear that casually? I hear something, it's super hard to tell what it might be, some sort of distortion. I don't hear it in the following song, All My Worlds.

edit: I am assuming you're not talking about the cymbal.

oh yes, bien vue, I forgot to add a recording of the dissonance:

edit:

-33dB left - right  

-37dB right - left  

different amp

- left only, monoblock  

- right - left, monoblock  

So I installed a pair of actives, used another DAC (SONCOZ) with different drivers, another set of cabling and played direct from the Qobuz app (ASIO) under WIN10 pro.
Apparently the dissonance is still there, which would gladly completely exclude the OKTO DAC and any cabling in place.

@AudioDoctor : I can hear it from 3 meters distance if both speakers play simultaniously, and I am very much aware how it sounds without. (using only the other channel). This time with AMT tweeters.
I may reconfigure one of my SDcards for the RPI to test out volumio with a local file through DLNA into the actives.
That should finally exclude the WIN10 audio stack and USB configuration from the list of delinquents.
2nd test will be with the WIIM mini direct into the DAC's toslink input.
EDIT: I skipped Volumio ....