IGNORED

Article: T+A DAC 200 D/A Converter Review

7 minutes ago, all300b said:

Nice review - and nice recommendation on that Esa-Pekka Salonen album. Great sounding.

Did you get a chance to specifically evaluate the preamp section of this unit?

Thanks for the kind words. I didn’t use the preamp section, as I had it connected to my Constellation preamp. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

13 hours ago, Andrewteee said:

Appreciate the review. Do you know what the differences are between the DAC 200 and HA 200? Other than the headphone connections on the HA200. As far as I can tell researching online, the HA 200 is the DAC 200 plus the additional headphone outputs -- and I might be headphone only, iow not audio outs to an amplifier. 

I’m not totally sure, but I bet @OE333 will know the difference. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I find it extremely surprising that this has a NOS mode but the ~$39,000 SD 3100 HV which has a built in NAA input has no NOS mode and non-defeatable filters. If you send it PCM upsampled to 768 it doesn't get upsampled, but still goes through the filters.

Are you 100% sure the DAC 200 has a true NOS mode Chris?

DSD sent to the SD 3100 HV is handled as native DSD, this could be solved by just using HQP to upsample everything to DSD of course.

I’m going by the user manual, which says it has NOS. 

Perhaps @Miska has verified this with measurements, if he has a 200 series product?

ABBF04A6-075F-4792-B1AC-48A34F63BBB6.jpeg

2 hours ago, ALLDIGITAL said:

Hi Chris. Thanks for an excellent review of the DAC200. I am considering a new DAC and dated on your enthusiastic review I will add the DAC200 to the list. I am seriously considering the Holo Audio May KTE DAC, based on many equally enthusiastic review from users and reviewers. I am interested in your opinion, if you have had an opportunity to listen to the May DAC and if so, your thoughts in comparison. BTW I stream Qobuz, Tidal, through an INNUOS Zenith MkII SE, Phoenix USB Reclocker. I very much appreciate your comments. Thank you. 

Hi @ALLDIGITAL unfortunately I’ve never listened to a single product from Holo Audio. There’s only so many hours in a day :~)

P.S. I remember hearing the Phoenix at its RMAF introduction and it surprised me very much. Really cool product. 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, nxrm said:

My friend Pierre at diyaudio.com loves his Holo May DAC with his speakers, posts 15266, 15276. https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/beyond-the-ariel.100392/page-764

But I don't think he uses subs, while I need to use a pair of these as my speakers only play down to 70Hz.  https://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12.html

https://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/XLR2_sealed_quickguide.pdf

All of my sources are digital via my pc, so use of room correction software is possible, but only if a multichannel DAC were used. But which of those truly  sound as good as this? https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

I suppose the best sounding compromise would be to only include the pair of powered subs into any room correcting DSP filter loop with only two DAC channels.  If yes, would someone please recommend the best paid or free software for this purpose?

Did you post in the wrong thread accidentally?