IGNORED

Article: Bookshelf Speaker Comparison

Hello Josh, 

Great review. I also have the Bryston poweramp and Benchmark preamp but my speakers are the Revel Performa M126BE😉

And in my room they sound amazing to my ears. I have a large, open and quite lively room but we measured it and nothing causes real problems. 

Bass is really tight and punchy. Mids are neutral and i can understand your comments on the mids. They are not really artificial to me but more analytical. They aren't going to add warmth or romance but i don't want that. I want a clean, precise sound. Fast and detailed. I use them to test gear for Alpha-Audio.net. Also i listen to a lot of electronic music and they are great for that kind of music. 

I haven't heard the dynaudio however. Will ask for a pair to try out. Seems like they tick a lot of boxes as well. Very intrigued to hear them now. 

Thanks again for the great write-up. 

Geoff

Hello Josh,

It's a small miracle those three speakers even work in a near-field situation seeing as they weren't made for that. My Revels will indeed sound boxy and boomy close against the back wall. Why not explore the wonderful world of pro speakers?

In my larger room the Revels perform excellent but i understand your comment of the tonality. They are quite dry and kinda matter of fact but i love that about them. 

Thanks again for the great write-up. You guys always write elaborate reviews but i still love reading them for start to bottom.

Best regards 

Geoff