IGNORED

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC - Mint Condition - Transferable Warranty - Shipping Included

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC - Mint Condition - Transferable Warranty - Shipping Included

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC in absolutely flawless physical and operational condition.

Latest firmware.

Mola Mola informs me the warranty is transferable. I am the second owner.

Includes remote control, power cable, unopened XLR>RCA adapters furnished by the USA distributor, blank warranty card, flight case.

No trade offers please.

I will pay $50 toward Ground shipping in CONUS. Insurance cost is responsibility of Buyer. 

Payment Methods:
- PayPal Goods & Services accepted up to $500 USD
- Paypal F&F accepted for balance over $500 (or full amount)
- Zelle
- Bank Wire

I have 100% positive feedback on Audiogon going back 18 years, and on USAudioMart as "tvad".

USA Sale only. Final Sale. No returns.

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

• 1 year later...

sold

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, raoul1958 said:

Lots of people seem to try it then they go up for sale?

no they don’t. what makes you say that ?

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

I tend to agree with raoul1958.   Considering this is a niche, low volume product, there do seem to be quite a lot for sale

A friend here has purchased this DAC and 2 x 400 watt monoblocks.   Extremely detailed sound, the most I have heard.  3 of us spent several hours listening and thought it somewhat sterile

But this is exactly what the owner was looking for.  He paired it with a set of Vivids.  The source is ROON via an ethernet cable from his iMac

The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club.  Achieve astonishing sound
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, B&W DB1, LF-8ba, 2 x Dachshunds

10 hours ago, chrisc said:

I tend to agree with raoul1958.   Considering this is a niche, low volume product, there do seem to be quite a lot for sale

A friend here has purchased this DAC and 2 x 400 watt monoblocks.   Extremely detailed sound, the most I have heard.  3 of us spent several hours listening and thought it somewhat sterile

But this is exactly what the owner was looking for.  He paired it with a set of Vivids.  The source is ROON via an ethernet cable from his iMac

hey Chris, you do realise that many of the ads being commented on are years out of date ? A feature of the new CA ad organisation is that all these ‘old ads’ probably appear in searches again as available, even though they’re long gone….

I just did a quick search through the main EU marketplaces, plus Audiogon plus eBay. I found just 1 Tambaquai for sale - where are the “quite a lot for sale” ??

(maybe I’m just not tuned in to other marketplace sites in other regions ? at least in EU they do come up for sale but not disproportionately IMO…)

Yes, you do have a point, it was just an observation

There are 4 for sale advertised this year on Hi-Fi Shark and one dated July 2023

The DAC that we went to listen to recently runs so hot that you cannot comfortably rest your hand on it.  He is enquiring with the SA agent to find out if this is normal.  If you get close to it you can smell it

Its terrifically expensive here, 50% more than a Devialet 220

The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club.  Achieve astonishing sound
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, B&W DB1, LF-8ba, 2 x Dachshunds

On 3/17/2024 at 7:28 AM, chrisc said:

The DAC that we went to listen to recently runs so hot that you cannot comfortably rest your hand on it.  He is enquiring with the SA agent to find out if this is normal

my Makua preamp (with Tambaquai module inside) runs hot; was told it’s quite normal. Plenty of “confirmation” on the web, including this quote from a question to Mola Mola:

Q. Is it normal that Tambaqui runs quite hot in use?
A. It is correct that the Tambaqui can run quite warm to the touch.”

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mola-mola-tambaqui-dac-and-headphone-amp.942546/page-18

(see post #270)

On 3/17/2024 at 7:28 AM, chrisc said:

Its terrifically expensive here, 50% more than a Devialet 220

I used to have a Devialet 200 which I bought for the all in one box convenience. It was “ok” but nothing special. When I moved house and had more space I spent nearly a year touring hifi dealers to find my ideal system… the Tambaquai hit the spot for me; I found it light years better than the Devialet sound (but yes there were other changes in the rest of the system too)

I have a Mola Mola Makua with DAC.   Yes, the case runs hot, but it was a known thing before I purchased.   It's never been too hot to touch and never have detected a smell from it.   It is important not to obstruct ventilation from below and where there is sufficient ventilation all around for the unit--not unlike Class A amplified and tube equipment--which  is advised for pretty much all your audio electronics.

Regarding preowned units being on the market, I would not try to read too much into that.   While I do not have a Grimm MU1 (using Antipodes K50 G4), there are several happy users posting here and other forums that pair Grimm and Mola Mola.   With the advent of the MU2, there will be some that will part from their Mola Mola for the combo MU2 unit, and I suspect that may account for some units being up for sale.   That will also mean some Grimm preowned MU1 units will be up for sale, but would not interpret such as dissatisfaction with the Grimm MU1.  

My experience with the Makua has shown me the sound presentation of the Makua  are influenced not only by other components in the system but also by cabling, not only for the Makua but other pieces in the chain.   I have strived to be more patient when I introduce a new piece into my system to allow it to break in and for me to better judge the differences in sound quality that such brings for my tastes in my system.   The early perceptions may be enjoyable or even jarring, but I have found there is an evolution over time running in these new/changed pieces.   Part of that evolution is my perception and what sounds right to me.  

It's fine to personally prefer a sound presentation different from me or others,    I find the Makua with DAC quite enjoyable in my system.