IGNORED

Atma-Sphere has a new pair of monoblock amplifiers.

I have not been very interested in trying Class D amplifiers until I saw these. Here is what they have to say about it, I find it interesting that they say they designed the module themselves.

Our Class D project has been in the works since 2017. Our goal was to expand on the positive attributes our existing amplifiers, which have been getting great reviews and awards in the high end press for the last 30 years. So we felt we were in a good position to know if the goal was achieved. The result is a solid state amp that has all the smoothness in the mids and highs that you expect from an excellent tube amp but with considerably lower distortion, output impedance and obviously higher efficiency. Like our other amps, this one has a very nice first watt! 

The Class D is a monoblock design based on GaNFET output devices and accepts both single-ended and balanced inputs. The circuit is entirely our own design and manufacture- it does not use anyone else's modules. The power supply employs a toroidal power transformer and has over-current protection to keep the amplifier safe in case of a short at the speaker terminals.

I really want to hear these. 

http://www.atma-sphere.com/en/classD.html

Class-D-01.png

No electron left behind.

52 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I feel properly chastised now...

You, my friend have been a very naughty boy this year - MR bean | Meme  Generator

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 3:42 PM, John Hughes said:

Thats great!  At one time I owned a DMA 150, but have had many amps since.  I am currently rocking a VTV Purifi amp, and it was revelatory that such good quality is available for this price.  Its definitely one of the best amps I've had in my system.  I recently purchased the Atma-Sphere Digital Monoblocks (which us GaN technology).  I am eagerly awaiting their arrival. I'm very enthused to see what a first rate classic tube designer does with Class D. 

Regards,

Dave

Audio system