IGNORED

Article: The Value Proposition In Audio: Buying And Selling Used Equipment

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, gstew said:

Recent Seller/Buyer Red Flags,

Not quite on topic, but consistent with a number of other responses...

I just had a multi-day interaction with a seller responding to a "wanted" ad I posted.

He joined AudiophileStyle the day before he messaged me. 

No other posts here. No info in his profile, just his forum name.

I asked for a proof-of-life video on the item, which is one that has had an un-typically high number of failures over the unit's production lifes. He said he couldn't because of his phone, so I said a fully on static picture was ok.

I gave him my EBay, Audiogon, and USAudiomart IDs so he could see my feedback. Even sent screenshots of mine. Asked for his 2x. He ignored, never even acknowledged the request.

I suggested seeing posts he made on other forums would be helpful. Ignored.

I asked for his PayPal ID. He said he didn't use PayPal, but I could send him $$$ via Zelle. After confirming that Zelle provides no buyer protection (PayPal is pretty loose, but better than nothing), I said I could only go forward with the info above (if it looked good) or using an escrow service or with PayPal. Ignored at 1st, waiting for his next response.

So would you send about $400 to a person you only know by a recently setup forum name, no posts, no external feedback offered, only using a cash-payment service with no buyer protection?

A hearty NO for me! Red flags upon red flags upon RED FLAGS!!!!

Greg in Mississippi

Absolutely right Greg.

I encourage everyone to message me about this stuff. I expose all these guys information publicly on the site, so others can find their email addresses via Google search etc... Scammers have no right to keep their details hidden, so they can keep attempting the scams.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png