IGNORED

A little poetry for ya ...

So … I was just going about my business – archiving LPs etc – when I saw this ditty on the rear of the Michael Hoenig Album ‘Departure From The Northern Wasteland’:

Primary

Repetition is the image of eternity in music
The music of the past justifies itself for its limitation
The music of the future is sparing itself this effort

Secondary, 2 of 4

I wondered what Audiophile Style folks might make of this particular poetry.

To me?

Line 1
Repetition contributes significantly to the “form” [cf. philosophy] of music – has to do with brain no doubt – and to me language also. Cross-cultural. Universal.

Line 2
My wife – a gifted soprano – jokes that there are only so many ways you can put notes together to make music. I disagree with her. Mathematically she may have a point. But not regards music as language. Perhaps Hoenig is intimating that repetition is more prevalent the more primitive the music.

Line 3
The evolution of music avoids repetition. Artists want to be original. Frontier music (not cowboy stuff – rather, music just evolved) leans less on repetition for structure and appeal.

Your thoughts welcome … I haven’t (yet) heard the Album … anybody know it? How the poetry and the music relate?

3 minutes ago, Iving said:

I know ... time for poetry ... hard life.

I am very workmanlike about my archives!

Got the bug yet? How many LPs to date ... one (RHCP 'Unlimited Love') and counting?

Expected a conversion at/post Munich ...

Haven't got the bug yet, but I listened to the Atmos version of this, told a friend about it, and he ordered the colored vinyl :~)

https://store.deutschegrammophon.com/p51-i0028948627783/max-richter/the-new-four-seasons/index.html

P0028948627783_1.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...