IGNORED

Gustard R26 new R2R DAC

13 hours ago, davide256 said:

If it has remote  volume control

It is visible in the post above your,

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

Volume control and lan input make this a very nice option. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

20 hours ago, firedog said:

Volume control

Well, if volume control is in digital domain is very low value for me. But wont complain - I don't have to use it :) 

Can't wait to hear some opinions from first users. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Shenzenaudio and Audiophonics already offer them. Can't wait to hear some users opinions :)

On 6/23/2022 at 11:03 PM, davide256 said:

@GoldenOne hoping you review this one soon 😀  Price point puts it head to head with the Pontus, hopefully it’s clean of linear interpolation 

Interestingly it does LOOK like the Ares 2 ladder design (though with Gustard's power supply/digital sections and notably output stage, something the Ares 2 doesn't have).

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a similar situation to the Musician Pegasus where the converter design is licensed from denafrips.
I've unfortunately not had the chance to test the Pegasus and don't think I'll be getting one of these in so we'll have to see. I'd be pretty interested to see how it behaves though

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

47 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

Interestingly it does LOOK like the Ares 2 ladder design (though with Gustard's power supply/digital sections and notably output stage, something the Ares 2 doesn't have).

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a similar situation to the Musician Pegasus where the converter design is licensed from denafrips.
I've unfortunately not had the chance to test the Pegasus and don't think I'll be getting one of these in so we'll have to see. I'd be pretty interested to see how it behaves though

I have a Pegasus which I love. On the other hand, in DSD for the Gustrad, we talk about "1 bit" and for the Pegasus, we talk about "6 bits" processing and FGPA.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-with-volume/gustard-dac-r26-discrete-r2r-dac-i2s-bluetooth-lan-airplay-roon-dlna-32bit-768khz-dsd512-silver-p-16597.html

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-without-volume/musician-pegasus-discrete-balanced-r2r-dac-32bit-1536khz-dsd1024-black-p-15072.html

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-musician-pegasus-r2r-dac/

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/gustard-r26

And almost a few db difference 124 (Pegasus) < 115 (Gustard)

But the interest (also) is the direct integration of the network... NAA update ? 

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

1 hour ago, GoldenOne said:

Hopefully doesn't sound like Denafrips

7 hours ago, GoldenOne said:

I really liked the Ares 2... but the linear interpolation killed it for me as I play mostly 44/16 and the treble roll off in NOS mode was blatant.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 6/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, davide256 said:

I really liked the Ares 2... but the linear interpolation killed it for me as I play mostly 44/16 and the treble roll off in NOS mode was blatant.

for some years I have been using an ares2 with hqp and usually the upsampla software in pcm at 1411/1536 mhz and in dsd at 512
I don't remember ever carrying out a roll-off on the highs (at least I think eh!) .... obviously I use several filters and modulators created by Jussi.
to stay on the subject .... I'm also curious to hear the impressions of the new R2R gustard 

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

2 hours ago, giordy60 said:

for some years I have been using an ares2 with hqp and usually the upsampla software in pcm at 1411/1536 mhz and in dsd at 512
I don't remember ever carrying out a roll-off on the highs (at least I think eh!) .... obviously I use several filters and modulators created by Jussi.
to stay on the subject .... I'm also curious to hear the impressions of the new R2R gustard 

I prefer NOS for correct timbre... if you don't up-sample, the lower the bit rate, the worse the treble roll off with Ares II in NOS mode.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 7/2/2022 at 7:31 PM, davide256 said:

if you don't up-sample, the lower the bit rate, the worse the treble roll off with

about this I don't know .... never used in this way 🤷‍♂️

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

39 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I have an R26 (not the pro version) on order. I will put in my system and see how it sounds, compared to my TEAC DAC.

please let us all know if you find that it has a usable volume control. Gustard is lagging on a posted user manual, and being able to go DAC > XLR direct to amp

would be nice

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

please let us all know if you find that it has a usable volume control. Gustard is lagging on a posted user manual, and being able to go DAC > XLR direct to amp

would be nice

I am doing that now with my TEAC. Actually, pre to amp is also balanced and 18 ft long. I could try that as the Benchmark amp can change sensitivity.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

😃

20220718_181939.jpg

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

On 7/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, davide256 said:

would be nice

Ok, not only that... none in the box either!🤪

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

Gustard sent me the manual upon request.