IGNORED

The developement of Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Clock x 10M Master Clock for Merging NADAC / Meging HAPI MKII

39 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Well, some reviews of the Gustard R-26 with and w/o this clock showed no difference. I guess if the internal is good enough it doesn't matter.

Hi! botrytis,

We recommended to try to player music file with high resolution such as 192kHz or DSD512 upsamply with HQPlayer together with external clock. The Gustard R26 can be significant improve with more refine and details with external clock.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark,.   

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

11 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! botrytis,

We recommended to try to player music file with high resolution such as 192kHz or DSD512 upsamply with HQPlayer together with external clock. The Gustard R26 can be significant improve with more refine and details with external clock.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark,.   

Just saying, the clock chip that is in the R26 is the same that is in the 18.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 9/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, Mantheunknown said:

Hi @bodiebill

Did you investigate feeding 625Khz to Hapi.  I found the following

Can the MERGING+CLOCK be used with Horus or Hapi?

Yes, you can use the NADAC CLOCK output along Horus and Hapi as of Firmware 3.9.3b38957 and above.For Horus and Hapi running previous firmware versions, you can use any of the standard WC output.

It is ambiguous in that I have to assume that the NADAC clock output refers to 625.  It seems so from the layout posted earlier by @AfterDark.I am wondering if it is better to feed the Hapi 625Khz.  Otherwise I will just stay with the normal frequencies/std. output.  Cheers

Hi! Mantheunknown,

Thanks for your interested to using external clock as upgrade path towards your Merging HAPI. We recommended to use one of the DDC in between the external 10M Master Clock and Merging HAPI. The DDC is helpful to make change of WC frequency automatically to enhance both the digital performance and listening pressure without worry about manual changing of WC frequency on music playback. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Hello Adrian,

I have read the exchanges on this forum and the enthusiastic comments on the use of AfterDark clocks.

I'm putting my case to you and asking on the best way to implement the SQ in my system.

I currently own a Clock Gustard 16 50ohm and a 75ohm BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO. Over time all components have been homogenised to 75 Ohm and I have put the Gustard aside.

I use all the 3 BNC outputs of the BG7TBL for: the Audio GD HE-20, SOtM Ultra Neo with Clock input and Ether Regen. Now, to improve the SQ I have two possibilities:

1. Buy in your site 50 ohm to 75 ohm adapters and use the Gustard (this clock has the advantage of offering 3 + 3 outputs and I think that have a best sound quality compared to BG7TBL clock).

2. Replace the BG7TBL with an AfterDark clock (in which case with which of your models?).

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day

Alex

Streamer: SOtM Ultra Neo SE

Digital: Audio GD HE-20 + Audio GD R-8HE / Gustard 16 / BG7TBL 10MHz

Double preamp: Music First Audio (passive) + Audio Experience A2 (mod.)

Amp: Pass XA 30.5 + Pass XA 60.5 (Bi-ampli)

Loudspeakers: Q acoustics concept 500

Network Switch: Cascade Cisco Catalyst 2960 (modified DC and clock) + Ether Regen

2 x Farad Super3 LPS / 2 x Audiophonics LPS

On 9/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, Alex_44 said:

Hello Adrian,

I have read the exchanges on this forum and the enthusiastic comments on the use of AfterDark clocks.

I'm putting my case to you and asking on the best way to implement the SQ in my system.

I currently own a Clock Gustard 16 50ohm and a 75ohm BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO. Over time all components have been homogenised to 75 Ohm and I have put the Gustard aside.

I use all the 3 BNC outputs of the BG7TBL for: the Audio GD HE-20, SOtM Ultra Neo with Clock input and Ether Regen. Now, to improve the SQ I have two possibilities:

1. Buy in your site 50 ohm to 75 ohm adapters and use the Gustard (this clock has the advantage of offering 3 + 3 outputs and I think that have a best sound quality compared to BG7TBL clock).

2. Replace the BG7TBL with an AfterDark clock (in which case with which of your models?).

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day

Alex

Streamer: SOtM Ultra Neo SE

Digital: Audio GD HE-20 + Audio GD R-8HE / Gustard 16 / BG7TBL 10MHz

Double preamp: Music First Audio (passive) + Audio Experience A2 (mod.)

Amp: Pass XA 30.5 + Pass XA 60.5 (Bi-ampli)

Loudspeakers: Q acoustics concept 500

Network Switch: Cascade Cisco Catalyst 2960 (modified DC and clock) + Ether Regen

2 x Farad Super3 LPS / 2 x Audiophonics LPS

Hi! Alex,

Thanks for your message and questions. 

Replace the BG7TBL with AfterDark, Trifecta Giesemann Clock is the right way to upgrade, we have trade in program for audiophilestyle's member. The result is amazing good.

AfterDark. Trifecta:

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-trifecta-extreme-edition-for-dcs-dac-audiophilestyle-edition

Trade in program: 

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

We received some positive review for from NADAC customers. The Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Clock x 10M Master Clock Extreme Edition for Merging NADAC - Grade Giesemann EVA is work like a charm. 

Enjoy Music!!!

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1753402108_thumbnail_Screenshot2022-11-12at8_45_33PM.thumb.png.7ba261da7a74de0739af4b44a4a8a6f9.png

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Eichenbaum said:

Hi Adrian,

Would you recommend to leave the Nadac  internal 75 ohms resistance in or out of the path? 
BTW I’m very happy with my Afterdark Girsemann Eva Clock!

Hi Eichenbaum,

Thanks for your message and positive feedback.

We recommend to set the NADAC at setting menu with 75 ohms resistance for Clock IN path. This will match the Trifecta with 75ohms outputs. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, Jørgen Skadhauge said:

Hi Adrian,

I use Hqplayer to play my Acourate convolver files in a windows computer over Ravenna to Merging Anubis. The Merging Anubis is clock master. 

Have you thought of making a clock with a zman module which could function on a Ravenna connected setup?

Hi Jorgen,

This may be possible if Merging release more information on requirement on their new ZAMAN platform. As you may know, Merging HAPI MK2 is running ZAMAN too. 

We knows Merging NADAC and Merging HAPI MKI is running on Non-ZAMAN platform and it is very easy to implement the Master Clock at 625Khz Word Clock signal with the Clock BNC input. The Master Clock input is significant upgrades for optimise sounding. It unlock the potential on Merging DAC.

We are planning to and very keen to purchase a unit of NADAC, 8ch version . This version is quite attractive to demonstrate the ability of DSD Master Record playback on Merging NADAC with our Giesemann Master Clock. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, Jørgen Skadhauge said:

Hi Adrian,

I use Hqplayer to play my Acourate convolver files in a windows computer over Ravenna to Merging Anubis. The Merging Anubis is clock master. 

Have you thought of making a clock with a zman module which could function on a Ravenna connected setup?

Hi! Jorgen,

We found a solution for sync the master clock with ZMAN module via Ravenna network. The new product will be designed later next week. Hardware and softeware testing will be perform next month. 

Hopefully, this can help Merging Customer to optimise the Master Clock for Merging Anubis and Merging HAPI MKII running ZMAN.

Thansk and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 9:34 PM, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Jorgen,

We found a solution for sync the master clock with ZMAN module via Ravenna network. The new product will be designed later next week. Hardware and softeware testing will be perform next month. 

Hopefully, this can help Merging Customer to optimise the Master Clock for Merging Anubis and Merging HAPI MKII running ZMAN.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Hello,

I Will soon be a Merging Hapi mk2 owner soon and found this thread. 

is there any further progress with this project to allow your master clock with Hapi?

• 2 months later...

Hi! Jorgen,

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

@AfterDark.   Following up on this again to see what your solution was.

Thanks,

-e

• 4 weeks later...

We are delighted to have positive feedback from NADAC customer.

If any audiophilestyle's member is interested in the Giesemann Switch, the link is as below:

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-network-switch-x-ocxo-10m-master-clock-audiophilestyle-edition

image.thumb.png.1104c4251731e3c1b0db86177afea579.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! Jorgen,

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

@AfterDark. Adrian,   just checking in to see what solution you came up with.   Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 8:44 PM, Erik Haas said:

@AfterDark. Adrian,   just checking in to see what solution you came up with.   Thanks

Hi! Erik,

Thanks for your long wait and after long study on Merging ZMAN. We found a possible solution to work around with the Netgear Switch to provide the PTP time stamping for Merging RAVENNA to sync. The Netgear Switch will need to modified to use external clock of 10M Input. So, it can bypass the internal clock on Netgear Switch. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2023 at 8:44 PM, Erik Haas said:

Hi! Erik,

We are delighted to announce a turnaround solution for Merging HAPI MKII to use external 10M Master Clock. 

Audiophile can make use of HQPlayer x Roon to upsampling all the PCM to DSD 64 / 128 256. The universal clock frequency for DSD is 352.8kHz.

The Giesemannn Clock Sync Module will output this specific frequency at 352.8kHz as reference word clock for Merging HAPI, to bypass the internal clock inside the HAPI MKII. 

The Giesemann Clock will unlock all the potential on Merging HAPI MKII like the solution we made for Audiophile using Merging NADAC. 

This is the best solution for Merging HAPI MKII running Revenna or ZMAN. 

Purchase Link

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• AfterDark. changed the title to The developement of Giesemann OCXO Trifecta Clock x 10M Master Clock for Merging NADAC / Meging HAPI MKII