IGNORED

Ultimate audiophile TEST & DEMO tracks

spacer.png

Artist(s): markusphilippe
Album: Saxnbass
Track: 2 - Hey Joe
Link / url: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/saxnbass-markusphilippe/7640138840050
Format: PCM - Redbook(16b / 44.1k)
Demo / test usecase: acoustic instrument palpability, imaging, acoustic bass, truth of timbre, PRAT. 
Comments: It puts two musicians in your room in front of you. On a good setup, spooky real great fun to listen to.

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System

spacer.png

Artist(s): Michael Wollny with Eric Schaefer & Christian Weber
Album: Nachtfahrten
Track: 14 - Nachtfahrten
Link / url: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/nachtfahrten-michael-wollny-with-eric-schaefer-christian-weber/0614427959232
Format: PCM 24b / 96k
Demo / test usecase: Dynamics, truth of timbre
Comments: Jazz trio in your room. Dynamic recording. 

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Artist(s): Carmen Gomes Inc
Album: Up Jumped The Devil
Track:  track 1 leading into track 2
Link / url:
 DXD; soundliaison.com

DSD; nativedsd.com or soundliaison.com

Compact Disk  carmengomes.bandcamp            
Format: PCM(DXD) (5 stars),

DSD (sounds to me like well made LP, but I'm not a DSD expert,

Compact Disk. I wish all compact disks were mastered this good.
Demo / test usecase: This recording covers the whole sonic spectrum from the low 27 hz opening note on the double bass to the smooth yet crystal clear highs from the drums. 

the whole recording drips with presence and a sense of performance. I can imagine this one proving popular on the demo circuit; Review in Hifi News and Record magazine

"The sound is totally three dimensional. You almost feel like you can reach out and touch everyone. The sound is totally open with natural decay and depth. It is stunning. It really is. No hyperbole." review in this forum by Joe Whip

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, PAP said:

Artist(s): Carmen Gomes Inc
Album: Up Jumped The Devil
Track:  track 1 leading into track 2   

Also on Qobuz: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/up-jumped-the-devil-discovering-the-music-of-robert-johnson-carmen-gomes-inc/xfi2zq4kk7kmc

• 3 months later...

This one file in different formats is excellent;

Test your DAC! Free Format Comparison v2.0

spacer.png

Which format is best for your DAC?
Every DAC has it's own character, some sounds better using PCM files and some sounds better using DSD files......some people find the convenience of FLAC files more important.

Here on this page is a list containing a song in 15 different formats.

The song is called 'A Fool For You' and is performed by Carmen Gomes Inc.
It’s taken from the album 'Carmen Sings The Blues'.

carmen-gomes-sings-the-blues

All the different formats have the same source file, DXD 352kHz (Studio Master).
We used the XiSRC app for the conversion to DSD and Steinberg Wavelab for the conversion to the other PCM formats and FLAC.

When you compare different sample rates always start with the lowest resolution.
During listening don't focus too much, hearing is as individual as taste but hearing is also something which can be acquired, like the taste of good wine.

You can choose from the following formats:

1.  DXD 352kHz-32bit
2.  DXD 352kHz-24bit
3.  PCM 192kHz
4.  PCM 176kHz
5.  PCM 96kHz
6.  PCM 88kHz
7.  PCM 44kHz
8.  DSD 256
9.  DSD 128
10. DSD 64
11. FLAC 352kHz