IGNORED

Article: Audeze LCD-4 vs LCD-5: Yin and Yang

I used to own the 4z and now I have the 1266TC, Susvara, Utopia and ZMF VO.   I have no desire to own a headphone that I feel needs EQ.  I stream using my Aurender W20SE/Holo May KTE and I have no practical way of adding EQ.  I enjoy my headphones without EQ using either my Enleum 23R or my Auris Nirvana headphone amps.  When the LCD5 first came out, there were a lot of rave reviews and I was tempted to buy it.   I'm glad that I resisted buying a headphone that is bright without EQ.  I don't have an issue with EQ but it's not easily implemented in my system.

1 hour ago, Stevem324 said:

I used to own the 4z and now I have the 1266TC, Susvara, Utopia and ZMF VO.   I have no desire to own a headphone that I feel needs EQ.  I stream using my Aurender W20SE/Holo May KTE and I have no practical way of adding EQ.  I enjoy my headphones without EQ using either my Enleum 23R or my Auris Nirvana headphone amps.  When the LCD5 first came out, there were a lot of rave reviews and I was tempted to buy it.   I'm glad that I resisted buying a headphone that is bright without EQ.  I don't have an issue with EQ but it's not easily implemented in my system.

100%.  As evidenced by your collection, there's very stiff competition among flagships--no need to compromise on fundamentals

1 hour ago, mitchco said:

This will be possible with Hang Loose Convolver (HLC) down the road.

Also working on adding trial activation and embedded headphone FIR filters to HLC so folks can hear firsthand what high resolution FIR filtering can do.

Cheers! Hang Loose Convolver is commercially available on my web site. The DSP headphone FIR filter designer is still in development.

Excellent, these are great news!

• 1 month later...