IGNORED

Scoggins reinstated?

Never heard of him.   MQA is just another LOGO on the box.  Half of the stuff the marketing division forces on the engineers is just extra circuits which may or may not add to your audio enjoyment.  If you like it fine.  If you don't fine.   Nobody should care what their audio neighbors like or don't like.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

15 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

How does one go about getting your phone number? 

I saw it on the darknet, the price was $50k. The only more expensive thing I saw there were American nuclear codes. 

;)

Welcome back, Lee, I have no idea who you are but I love the idea someone supporting More Questionable Audio here.

Ps. Good luck!

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

IIRC, he was perceptually perceived as an autobot in the MQA thread, who turned out to career streamlining into the media outlets that now owns Stereophile and others.

Always wondered if he would have gotten there in case

he didn't hear the advantage of perceptual lossless codecs?

Not the only suspected guy on this forum, think I should maybe get some popcorn..

11 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

firedog,

It's pretty sad that you want me censored on the MQA thread simply because we have different opinions.  A quick look at @The Computer Audiophile twitter shows that he is a strong proponent of free speech.

Also, it is a serious charge to call me a "shill".  You should provide evidence of that before making such an accusation.

Yes some anti-MQA people have gone way to far.

2 hours ago, Summit said:

Yes some anti-MQA people have gone way to far.

Well.. let's think if we could use the expression 'have gone too far' in regard to the MQA clan and all the lies they tried to feed the consumers with.. Hmmm...(?)

Like I already said long ago according to my knowledge you just can't say anything about your product in your propaganda... I mean marketing campaign. You can not sell a 100bhp car and claim that it is a 200bhp car.. I'm pretty sure a team of good lawyers could approach the whole thing and quite easily succeed. Unfortunately existing consumer and market controlling organisations are much more focused on hot dogs or washing powders hence people like Bob, Lee and others feel they can try to bullshit everybody.. Fortunately they have proved to be wrong.

2 hours ago, botrytis said:

Just for posterity - Chris was 'Minnesotan nice' here which I would not have been. I have talked at National Science meetings and have asked security to remove people who were not civil in their demeanor. Chris deserves applause for his cool demeanor.

The Onus is all on the pro-mQa for being so rude and crass.

I think this was a fairly civil discussion overall.  My own point was made and Chris agreed with me.  He admits "I have not seen any DRM."

Myself, Mike Jbara, and Ken Forsythe all look good here.  I think Derek was overboard with the pounding on the table.  He could have done better.

Chris did a good job laying out the issues here.  I did find his presentation slanted against MQA but he was very fair in his comments for the most part.  

While Chris and I disagree on this topic obviously, I believe he genuinely cares about consumer access to music.  I don't believe there is any ill will there with Chris..and for many of you no ill will as well.

My hope is that folks here that are anti-MQA understand there is no ill will from me as well.  My job is to use my critical listening skills to form an unbiased opinion on MQA and I have.

Ultimately it is a matter of consumer choice.  If you like MQA then Tidal Masters is your friend.  If you don't, then you can sign up for Qobuz which I also find to be excellent.  I subscriber to both Qobuz and Tidal.

Both David Solomon at Qobuz and Ken Forsythe at MQA are good friends of mine.

1 hour ago, Lee Scoggins said:

While Chris and I disagree on this topic obviously, I believe he genuinely cares about consumer access to music.  I don't believe there is any ill will there with Chris..and for many of you no ill will as well.

My hope is that folks here that are anti-MQA understand there is no ill will from me as well.  My job is to use my critical listening skills to form an unbiased opinion on MQA and I have.

Ultimately it is a matter of consumer choice.  If you like MQA then Tidal Masters is your friend.  If you don't, then you can sign up for Qobuz which I also find to be excellent.  I subscriber to both Qobuz and Tidal.

Both David Solomon at Qobuz and Ken Forsythe at MQA are good friends of mine.

Bias is in the ear of the beholder. As a trained scientist and working in science for 38 years, BIAS is all too easy to get inserted in research, etc. We BIAS things all the time, it is how our brain works. Removing BIAS is hard but doable.

Problem is Lee, mQa is NOW a choice since people (like @The Computer Audiophile@Archimago, etc.) have spoken up and shown for what it does and how. Also based on my reading of the patent for mQa, a DRM system, which is not currently set to on, but all it takes one record company to start that way.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects