IGNORED

HDPLEX H5 Gen 3 Fanless Chassis (New Model) - Silver

HDPLEX H5 Gen 3 Fanless Chassis (New Model) - Silver

New, unused HDPLEX H5 Gen 3 Fanless Chassis. On the website it is still referred to as Gen 2, but this is the updated model unofficially known as Gen 3, which includes:

- Extended base copper CPU block,
- Improved side panel heatsinks with grooved fins
- New top panel with improved airflow
- Edgeless backplates for both full height and low profile pcie cards

Heat dissipation has greatly improved from the previous Gen 2 model. For instance, in my build I am running an Intel 12900k (Alder Lake) with HQPlayer upsampling to DSD 512 using 7EC modulators with ease. HQPlayer users will know that for a long time this was the holy grail. This was absolutely not possible with the older model. It gets hot, but nothing an Intel or AMD chip can’t handle at rated temps.

I was planning on using a two box setup, which is why I have an extra one, but I’ve been thrilled with the results of running ROON on my daily use PC which is always on anyway and using the audio PC in the HDPLEX chassis as an endpoint with upsampling duties.

Again, this thing is new, the plastic on the copper plate hasn’t even been removed (see photos). The one thing I’ve done is toss the pretty junky 3.5g of thermal paste it comes with, but I’ve replaced it with a superior, and more plentiful, 8g tube of Arctic MX-4. The only reason I’ve listed it as “mint” is because the factory box has been opened.

Lists for $398. Selling for $325. Everything included. No moving/active parts, so not much can go wrong (unless you start drilling!). Shipping is included in the price. Buyer to cover PayPal fees. Please feel free to reach out with any questions (or if you’d like to know more about my build). Thanks!

I’m an avid reader of this site, but I don’t post much. You can check my feedback on US Audio Mart if you’d like, username Jazzebration.