IGNORED

Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifiers (pair of Prototype Horn Amps from Mike Sanders' personal stash)

Quicksilver Horn Mono Amplifiers (pair of Prototype Horn Amps from Mike Sanders' personal stash)

Up for sale is a pair of Quicksilver Horn Prototype Mono Amplifiers

Model: Horn Mono (Prototypes from Mike Sanders' own personal collection.)

Color: Black

Voltage: 120V

Condition: 8/10, there is a small scratch by one of the tubes on one amp and there is a small chip in the paint in the other one.

Functional Condition: The amps have been tested and function as intended

Smoke/Pet Free: Yes

Owners: 2 (Prototypes from Mike Sanders' own personal collection.)

Included: 2x Original Box, Mono Amp and Power Cord.

Description: The Horn Mono Amplifier is designed specifically for use with very efficient loudspeakers. It has extremely low noise and distortion as well as having 18db less gain that Quicksilvers standard amplifiers. This avoids the noise and gain problems that normally appear when using horn speakers. The amplifier is designed to sound good at the extremely low levels (milliwatts) that horn loudspeakers require. Many amplifiers actually have higher distortions at these low levels.
As with all Quicksilver amplifiers many different output tubes may be plugged in directly with no adjustments: Matched pairs of EL34, KT90, KT88, KT77, KT66, 6550, or 6l6 output tubes. The power supply has over 100 joules of storage. 25 watts into 4 or 8 ohms.

Specifications:
Power Output: 25 Watts into 4 or 8 ohms (50 watts peak)
Power Bandwidth: 9Hz to 100kHz
Damping Factor: 20
Input Sensitivity: 9 volts
IM Distortion: less than 0.02% at 1 Watt or less
Input Impedance: 100 kOhm
Tubes: 2x KT88, 2x 12DW7
Power Consumption: 75 watts at idle, 100 watts at full power.
Dimensions: 5.5x14.75x9.25

Review: Sterephile: “The Quicksilver Horn Mono is very much my kind of amplifier: a solid, no-nonsense product singularly lacking in quirkiness, with design principles that involve no extravagant or controversial claims.”

I am asking $ 1499

Take advantage of 0% Interest and No Payments for 6 months through PayPal Credit.

Please check out my other audio gear bargains!

Shipping:
Shipping inside the USA is calculated exact by FedEx or USPS, fully insured.
International Shipping is calculated exact by USPS, fully insured.
Shipping weight is 25 lbs and the box measures 18x14x10 (this is for a single amp, since Audiogon only can calculate one box at a time, please wait with payment until I adjusted the total)

Payment:
I accept Paypal, Credit Cards, Zelle, Cashier's Checks or Money Orders.
When Cashier's Checks or Money Orders are used, the item will ship once the C.C. or M.O. clears.
Please add 3% to the total when PayPal, Express Checkout or Credit card payment is used.

International Shipping:
When I ship International I am not responsible for any loss/damage during shipping and any Customs duties/fees/charges/taxes.
Please check with your local customs office about anything related to the import of this item.

• Seller
    karmanfamily
  • Date
    03/06/22
  • Price
    1,499.00 USD
  • Category

Happiness is wanting what you have.