IGNORED

Trouble moving Playlists when moving iTunes (Mojave) to Music (Monterey) (on external drive )

I have a large iTunes Library on an external drive hooked up to an iMac running Mojave.  I have close to 200 playlists.
I copied the external drive to a separate drive (safety backup!) to hook up to Music on my laptop, which I recently updated to Monterey.  
I overcame certain difficulties with the help of Apple Support, but when I open Music on the Monterey laptop many of my playlists (I haven't checked them all) are filled with podcasts instead of the songs that belong there. If I move that external drive back to Mojave, the playlists are correct.  And if I try my original Library on the Monterey machine, I get the same result -- crazy playlists.
 I can Export each Playlist to a .txt file and import it back, (200 times!) but I'm wondering if there is a better way to get things fixed. TIA

• 1 month later...

I upgraded my OS to Monterrey yesterday from Mojave, and now my Audirvana screen is blank!  From what I've read since, Monterrey no longer supports iTunes, which is what Audirvana synchs to.  I still have about the same amount of space left on my drive, so I know the files are still there, somewhere, because it's like 1.4 TB.  Did I just flush 10 years of playlists down the drain?  I'd love to know if I can ever get this synched again, even if the playlists are gone and it's just albums and artists.  Any insights?  

10 hours ago, SallyBooks said:

I upgraded my OS to Monterrey yesterday from Mojave, and now my Audirvana screen is blank!  From what I've read since, Monterrey no longer supports iTunes, which is what Audirvana synchs to.  I still have about the same amount of space left on my drive, so I know the files are still there, somewhere, because it's like 1.4 TB.  Did I just flush 10 years of playlists down the drain?  I'd love to know if I can ever get this synched again, even if the playlists are gone and it's just albums and artists.  Any insights?  

The "new" iTunes is Music.

Just open Music with the option key held down and it will ask for a location of your library. Point it at your iTunes library and all should be well.

I don't know about Audirvana.