Up for sale are Mark Levinson No.53 Mono Amplifiers

Model:
No. 53

Type:
Mono Amplifier

Voltage:
120V 60Hz

Physical Condition:
8/10: The only blemishes I could find were on the top edges of the cooling fins. They may have a tiny mark that I have missed.
One of the amps in the pictures has been sold. A SINGLE amp is left.

Functional Condition:
The amp wes tested and fully functional.

Repair History:
The amp was hit by a power surge and sent to an Authorized Mark Levinson repair facility. All parts that needed replacing were replaced and the amp was given a clean bill of health.

Owners:

Tobacco/Pet Free:
Yes

Included are:
No.53 Mono Amp (a single amp, just one)
Original Crate

Description:
The Nº53 is the first-ever switching power amplifier from Mark Levinson. Despite their numerous advantages – increased efficiency, more power, compact dimensions, decreased weight and less heat dissipation than their linear counterparts – switching power amplifiers have generally been viewed with skepticism from the audiophile community due to the technical limitations inherent in switching designs and assumptions about the resulting sound quality. The Nº53, however, is the end result of an extensive R&D effort to find ways to emphasize the advantages of switching power amplifiers while overcoming their weaknesses, creating a landmark product truly worthy of the Mark Levinson Reference designation.

Specifications:
Frequency Response - Within ±0.1dB from 10Hz to 20kHz
Input Impedance - 100 kΩ (balanced); 50 kΩ (unbalanced)
Communication and Control - Two Link2 ports (one input and one output); One Ethernet port; One 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger input, 3-12Vdc; One 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger output, 3-12Vdc; 3-Pin IEC standard power connector
Inputs - One balanced XLR input; One unbalanced RCA input
Rated Output Power Into 8 Ohms – 500W, Into 4 Ohms - 1000W
Gain - 26.8dB
Power Requirements - 120V~, 640W,
Speaker Connections - Two pairs of "Hurricane" loudspeaker output binding posts with banana-plug sockets (banana-plug socket not available for some models)
Height - 20.87 in (530mm), Width - 8.42 in (214mm), Depth - 20.4 in (518mm)
Net weight - 135 lb (61.3kg), Shipping weight - 165 lb (75kg)

Review:
HomeTheater HiFi: “The Mark Levinson No 53 power amplifier is a very unusual, very innovative design. It’s switching taken to a much higher level of performance. The sound, however, is not unusual, that is, not unusual for Mark Levinson. This is one hell of a product.”

MSRP $25,000, Asking $5,999.99 (for the SINGLE Amp)

Shipping:
Shipping inside the USA is calculated exact by FedEx or Freighcenter
NO International Shipping
Shipping weight is 165 lbs and the crate measures L26 x W14 x H31

Payment:
I accept Paypal, Credit Cards, Zelle, Cashier's Checks or Money Orders.
When Cashier's Checks or Money Orders are used, the item will ship once the C.C. or M.O. clears.
Please add 3% to the total when PayPal, Express Checkout or Credit card payment is used.

International Shipping:
When I ship International I am not responsible for any loss/damage during shipping and any Customs duties/fees/charges/taxes.
Please check with your local customs office about anything related to the import of this item.

• Seller
    karmanfamily
  • Date
    02/13/22
  • Price
    5,999.99 USD
  • Category

Happiness is wanting what you have.