IGNORED

Boss2 & Pi 3B+

Can the Boss2 DAC be used with a Pi 3B+ ?, availability of Pi 4's are all 2023 from most suppliers. Also can the acrylic case be modified so that it allows access to Pi3 ports - it does not need to be pretty but I assume existing cutouts for Pi4 can be enlarged to accommodate Pi 3B?

12 hours ago, chris14 said:

Can the Boss2 DAC be used with a Pi 3B+ ?, availability of Pi 4's are all 2023 from most suppliers. Also can the acrylic case be modified so that it allows access to Pi3 ports - it does not need to be pretty but I assume existing cutouts for Pi4 can be enlarged to accommodate Pi 3B?

Boss 2 will work with RPI 3 also. But back side acrylic case need to change.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

maybe it will help to  somebody. I am using BOSS2 with RP3B+  with absolutely no  problem. The only thing which is necessary   to do   is   modify  /boot/config.txt:
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=allo-boss2-dac-audio

I have also removed OLED  Board (carefully  stripped-out all the cables).  Then BOSS2 started  to  behave   strange-stopped randomly  sound  etc. After   further    searching for  the  help  I found  the only remedy: completely   disable  and remove boss2oled.service   and  for   safety  all scripts  which have  something to do  with   boss2oled. It seems,  this  script   affected  GPIO  . 

I am running  this  already  1/2 of year   with  no problem.

Best Regards

Harry

I run Boss2 with an Rpi2 with Volumio without any problems. But without display/control unit. Unfortunately, the control unit is not supported by Volumio. For me it doesn't matter, I only use the gui from Volumio, that's ferfekt.
I installed the control unit inside the housing.
Maybe Allo.com will provide the plugin for the controller to Volumio?...?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 2:20 AM, chris14 said:

Is the original Boss v1.2 going to be available in the future? Currently it is out of stock on the Allo site, and given the unavailability of RPi 4's, the original Boss would be a good fit for a spare 3B+ I have .

We will check with our sales team and will update you.