IGNORED

Allo Isolator 1.2 + PI2AES

qb45p

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether the Allo Isolator 1.2 can work with a PI2AES digital transport hat using the standard WM8804 transmitter? I have both but unfortunately cannot configure it properly and hear any sound despite the fact that all LEDs indicate everything seems to be powered properly. I am using the Allo Shanti power supply. Specifically 5V 1A line is connected to PI2AES hat which powers the clean side of the Isolator whereas 5v 3A line is plugged directly to the Isolator and further supplies the Raspberry Pi 3B+ running moode audio 7.6.0. If the answer is no does it mean that e.g. it also cannot work with Allo Digione hat?

Please advise.

20 hours ago, qb45p said:

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether the Allo Isolator 1.2 can work with a PI2AES digital transport hat using the standard WM8804 transmitter? I have both but unfortunately cannot configure it properly and hear any sound despite the fact that all LEDs indicate everything seems to be powered properly. I am using the Allo Shanti power supply. Specifically 5V 1A line is connected to PI2AES hat which powers the clean side of the Isolator whereas 5v 3A line is plugged directly to the Isolator and further supplies the Raspberry Pi 3B+ running moode audio 7.6.0. If the answer is no does it mean that e.g. it also cannot work with Allo Digione hat?

Please advise.

Isolator will not work with PI2AES and Digione  

On 12/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, Audio_Allo said:

Isolator will not work with PI2AES and Digione  

Thank you for your response. Does it make any sense to use the isolator board between the RPi and digital transport hat when both are powered by Allo Shanti with two galvanically isolated lines?