IGNORED

EMM Labs DV2 - Virtually New

EMM Labs DV2 - Virtually New

I purchased an EMM DV2 about a month ago that I am unfortunately unable to keep. It's as impressive a DAC as I've heard and is in virtually brand new condition. It's been used just enough to be broken in.  From a review right here in Audiophile Style. "The EMM Labs DV2 is the best sounding product the company has ever made and may be as good or better than any DAC on the market today. There, I said it. That's my unequivocal opinion after listening to the DV2 in my system for several months. I used the qualifier "may" because I haven't listened to every product on the market, but I can throw that qualifier out when discussing DACs I've had in my system at home. The EMM Labs DV2 is as good or better than anything I've ever heard in my reference system. Period. No need to read between any lines or guess what I really mean by that statement. The DV2 is just that good."

I was thoroughly impressed by this DAC (and I've had many). I found it clearly superior to my last DAC, a DAVE with M scaler. Advantages included a much smoother top end, low listening fatigue, superior handling of DSDs, and a great pre-amp. Note: The DV2 doesn't have a headphone amp.

This is also a Stereophile A+ recommended component. The Stereophile reviewer did a side by side comparison with the dCS Vivaldi, and said "Of all the DACs I've heard in my reference system, the EMM Labs DV2 delivered the smoothest, most naturally warm, most consistently engaging and non-fatiguing reproduction of music. Its image size, resolution, and bass were up there with the very best. More than anything else, the difference in sound between the DV2 and other DACs at or near its price that I've heard was akin to the experience of hearing the same music performed by the same forces in different halls." And in my opinion, he didn't fairly compare the DV2 to the Vivaldi. He didn't use USB, the DV2's preferred input, and used the dCS network streamer - which I'd call giving the dCS a home field advantage.

The DV2 lists for $33,000 and I'm selling it for $18.500 + shipping and any PayPal fees.  These are rarely listed, and certainly not at this price.