IGNORED

Question on HQPlayer, Ultrarendu NAA, Chord Qutest at 705/768khz

I have a Chord Qutest and I am using HQPlayer to upsample to 705/768 khz PCM because I understand this bypasses the first filtration stage inside the Qutest, and I am getting nice results at this sample rate with sinc M. I have previously been using a streamer as an NAA connecting to the Qutest via USB that often gave clicks and pops and white noise in the right speaker at these sample rates (768 in particular) – apparently a feature of the Qutest’s USB input at high frequencies. Recently I changed to a Raspberry Pi 4 (with Ropieee XL) as the NAA streamer and have had good results with connecting one its USB3 ports to the Qutest – no clicks in a week at mostly 768 and I only heard white noise on one occasion (and I think this is when I configured things wrong). Sounds good too.

I am considering getting an Ultrarendu to connect to the Qutest and replace the Raspberry Pi 4 – I am convinced it would be a significant upgrade, but I want to make sure that there are no problems with audible clicks or white noise using the Ultrarendu as the NAA connecting to a Chord Qutest at 705 / 768 khz sample rates before I invest – anyone have any experience / insight? Especially if using the same setup!

Thanks in advance

Maybe Chris can move this to the Sonore subforum.  You'll get more hits about the UltraRendu.  BTW, since the job of an NAA is pretty minimal, often changing hardware is not a huge jump in sq or stability, especially if the current NAA works fine.  This is not always the case, but often.