IGNORED

Tin Hifi T2 EVO - Evolution Not Revolution

Hifigo sent me the EVO for review.  My full video review is available here: https://youtu.be/yv5OBedq_b8

To summarize:  the EVO shares a lot in common with the original T2 and the T2 Plus.  The EVO has a nearly identical build, fit, and style of the original T2.  You get the similar accessories, the same fit, and very similar tuning.

The EVO has a sub-bass roll-off that appears to be similar to that of the T2.  Mid-bass is a little more elevated than the T2, but is less prominent than that of the T2 Plus.  Separation of sub-bass from mid-bass appears to be the same as the T2.

Just as with the T2, the EVO has forward mids, with prominent vocal sibilance.  This sibilance spike not nearly as piercing as the one I hear on the HD560s.  However, if you are sensitive to sibilance, the EVO is not going to be a pleasant experience.  Timbre of instruments is correct, and similar to that of the T2.  Separation of instruments is not quite as obvious as on the T2, but the difference is not significant.

Treble is elevated, similar to that of the T2.  There's an emphasis starting around the mid-treble region.  It's not harsh or piercing, in my opinion.  The T2 Plus, in comparison, has a roll-off in the upper-treble region, resulting in a gentler experience.  The EVO is as clear in the treble region as the T2.

The EVO has detail and soundstage compatible to that of the T2 and T2 Plus.

Overall, the EVO seems to sit between the T2 and T2 Plus in tuning.  It's got a bit of both in its DNA.  For its $50 price, the EVO has plenty to offer.  It may not be your cup of tea in looks or sound, but its a competent IEM nonetheless.  But if you're not a Tin Hifi fan, then the EVO won't win you over.

You can purchase the EVO at the Hifigo storefront: https://hifigo.com/products/tinhifi-t2-evo