IGNORED

Brennan B2 as NAS with LuminD2

Hi

Just hoping for a bit of advice.  I’m planning on updating my streamer to a Lumin D2 as this is how I listen to the bulk of my music. However, I also have a about 20,000 tracks ripped at lossless format from my CDs on a Brennan B2.  Probably about 80% of these are available on streaming services but I’d like to set my B2 up as a NAS and wondered if anyone has experience of doing this.  From everything I’m reading it looks compatible, but didn’t want the disappointment of purchasing and then not been able to do this.

Thanks  in advance.

According to the Latest Software page on the Brennan site, as of 11 March 2019 the miniDLNA UPnP/DLNA media server can be installed via Settings->Maintenance->Get DLNA, but it appears to be an experimental function for "tech savvy users" only for now:

https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/latestSoftware

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

1 hour ago, Cebolla said:

According to the Latest Software page on the Brennan site, as of 11 March 2019 the miniDLNA UPnP/DLNA media server can be installed via Settings->Maintenance->Get DLNA, but it appears to be an experimental function for "tech savvy users" only for now:

https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/latestSoftware

Thanks for this and someone on the Brennan forum has posted instructions on how to do.  Think the Lumin is going to be my treat to self.

Below is the advice from the Brennan forum.

The B2 does offer both NAS and DLNA services.  The DLNA will need to be switched on via a front panel menu function found in:

'Settings'-->'Maintenance'-->'DLNA'     This is an 'On/Off' switch.

A note of caution here; if you have DLNA switched on, you cannot use the latest Sonos software as they are currently mutually exlusive.